Swarovski V5i vs V6i scope comparison

Mginn68

FNG
Good evening -

Trying to decided on a mnt rifle build for next deer season. Anyone out there that has experience with the above two scopes ? Getting out of comfort zone and trying something other than Leupold.

I know the V5i offers the 4w-1 and Plex-1 reticle
V6i has the 4A-1 *** with I like.

V6i is 3 oz heavier.

Significant price diff.

Thank you !!

Attachments

• 3AE6D37A-4424-403E-B0FD-95A8DCE67D65.jpeg
    3AE6D37A-4424-403E-B0FD-95A8DCE67D65.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 20

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
The z5 and the z6 use the same 4-point coil reticle erector system but you be limited to one revolution of turret travel if you use their zero stop with any Z-series swaro scope. The Z5 is a 1" tube vs 30mm tube on Z6 models. Each offer the option of illumination. The Z6 has HD glass if I am not mistaken.

Darryle

WKR
Do you need an illuminated reticle?

You can find a non-illuminated Z6 for about $2k several places, most notably Cameraland NY. I will bet Doug would sweeten the deal for a member to make it no contest.

I can tell you that I wouldn't consider a Z5 after hunting with a Z6 for a season. The glass is amazing on the Z6 and the BT works for me accurately, I have dialed out to 300yds and back to 100yds and have 5 DRT shots. I know that is a sample of one, but it continues to build my faith and we'll see how it works this summer on steel.

OP
M

Mginn68

FNG
Do you need an illuminated reticle?

You can find a non-illuminated Z6 for about $2k several places, most notably Cameraland NY. I will bet Doug would sweeten the deal for a member to make it no contest.

I can tell you that I wouldn't consider a Z5 after hunting with a Z6 for a season. The glass is amazing on the Z6 and the BT works for me accurately, I have dialed out to 300yds and back to 100yds and have 5 DRT shots. I know that is a sample of one, but it continues to build my faith and we'll see how it works this summer on steel.
Thank you.

I prefer the illuminated reticle, but not a have too. I’m shooting a Leupold Xd lighted and really like it. Getting out of 30 year old faithful with Leupold and going try a Swarovski.

Was leaning towards Z5…but with your testimonial I might lean towards a Z6.

I don’t know who doug is ?

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
Don't be afraid to go with the Z5. Optically, the Z5 are excellent. Some people say they have had issues but mine never lost zero and tracked reliably, and I took that scope all over the globe including some very rugged hunts with long 10-hour jeep rides, horsback rides, slips and falls, unhappy baggage handlers and so forth.

My only gripe was only being able to dial to about 700 yards with a single turret rotation design and the turret parts and pieces used for adjustments are small pieces of plastic, granted they did work.

It was extremely lightweight at 16 ounces with the small 1" tube (3.5-18 model).

OP
M

Mginn68

FNG
Don't be afraid to go with the Z5. Optically, the Z5 are excellent. Some people say they have had issues but mine never lost zero and tracked reliably, and I took that scope all over the globe including some very rugged hunts with long 10-hour jeep rides, horsback rides, slips and falls, unhappy baggage handlers and so forth.

My only gripe was only being able to dial to about 700 yards with a single turret rotation design and the turret parts and pieces used for adjustments are small pieces of plastic, granted they did work.

It was extremely lightweight at 16 ounces with the small 1" tube (3.5-18 model).
Thank you for that response. I had the rugged topic on my mind. I’ve hunted with Leupold for 30 years. Never a zero issue. Even had one fall with me from a deer stand. Still money. I have the custom BT on my Leupold and I like the flexibility of dialing to a yardage.

I’m a less than 400 yard shooter. Even if I bring this gun out west for an elk hunt.

Really looking to shift to Swarovski for the light transition at last shooting light, clarity of the alpha glass, and overall quality I’ve heard of on Swarovski. 🙌