Swarovski warranty experience?

Looking into getting a swarro spotter. Haven't heard good things about the warranty from guys, at least compared to vortex or the like. I own a maven spotter at the moment now. I dropped it on a rock this season and cracked the glass on the inside. Still fully functional and unnoticeable when looking through. Sent it in and it's getting fixed no questions asked. Awesome service at Maven! I'm worried about getting top notch glass and not being able to get fixed once I break it. Anyone have experiences with Swarovski or opinions on warranty for glass?

brsnow

WKR
They have been great for me. Their CS has made me a customer for life.

Dcrafton

WKR
I’m on my third Swarovski. Upgraded from SLC, to SLC to EL’s and getting ready for the NL’s.
Never had to use the warranty in well over 20 years of ownership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider
Years ago the eye cup on my 8x30's disappeared out hunting, it just fell off somehow and I called them and they sent me a replacement that day and then about 9 months ago I sent them in to fix the rubber as it was splitting at the seam, they had them back to me within a couple weeks, I'm pretty happy.

jmez

WKR
Been good for me and my hunting in partner. He bought a set of binos at a garage sale. Sent them in to have them checked over and they went through them and replaced some things for free, no questions asked.

I got mine in the bargain cave at Cabela's. My focus knob came apart so I sent them in. Fixed that, replaced eye cups, cleaned, checked and replaced some other parts no questions asked.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

I’ve heard about these guys that owned Swarovski, and switched back to vortex cause of a warranty claim. I’ve also heard of Bigfoot and Unicorns. 🤣🤣

I find companies with “unconditional” warranties are usually compensating.

I’ve dealt with Swarovski warranty first hand on multiple occasions. And they have bent over backwards for me, even when honestly, they probably shouldn’t have. Every repair they have made has been my fault. I’ve owned 5+ different pairs of binos, multiple spotters, and rifle scopes. Even stuff I bought used, they still go to great lengths to take care of their customers.

I would not worry one bit about their warranty!

Tman24

Lil-Rokslider
If I dropped my SLCs and damaged the lens. I wouldn’t expect them to replace the lens for free. They might, but I wouldn’t expect it. They do not have a no fault warranty.

MT257

WKR
I’ve had nothing but good experiences with Swarovski customer service. Customer for life. There’s a reason they’ve been around as long as they have such a great reputation

The reason vortex can send you a new pair of binos/spotter when it fails with their no fault warranty is because you've already paid for it, it's built into the price. Don't know anyone who would pay Swaro prices if they didn't have amazing customer service, I wouldn't at least. But then again they don't fail in the field...

6.5x284

WKR
I have to send my NL 8's back. I'll let you know how it goes! I've heard great things though, and especially if you registered the product when you received it.

Spoonman

WKR
They will fix whatever you do to them, it just may not be free like everyone expects now days. If “you” break it then you should expect to pay for it as it was not a manufacturer issue, it was a user issue. If you want free replacement then stick to the lesser brands that offer that.

JDB9818

WKR
I'm going through a warranty issue right now with Swaro and so far the service has been exceptional! Should have my spotter back in a week or so but I'm not expecting there to be any issues at all.

Swarovski customer service has been nothing but amazing from what I’ve heard. I have never had to use it. But have friends and family that have and they have all had really positive experiences. Like sending binos back to have them cleaned. And the binos showing back up with new parts and pieces

I think you never hear of Swaro warranty much because their stuff is so good it doesn’t need it. But in the rare cases it does they are top
Notch.

Last edited:

cbeard64

WKR
You won’t need the warranty if you get Swarovski. That said, they cleaned and upgraded the lens coatings on my ELs - no charge.

If you can afford Swarovski but get Maven or Vortex instead because of the so-called better warranty, that’s pretty much the definition of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Last edited:

madcalfe

WKR
I bought a kahles k3-18i and the magnification ring failed and the internal coating was coming apart. i sent it in on their dime and have a brand new scope back within a week. their customer services was very good.

Achigan1

Lil-Rokslider
Have a riflescope in there - S6i, no resolution yet but customer service so far has been painless, communication has been great. One phone call, nice chat and I had a return number via email about 30 seconds later.

CodyB

Lil-Rokslider
Have had to send in binos twice and both experiences with the Swarovski customer service were great. It was my fault both times on needing to send in.

Norm555

WKR
Swarovski warranty is phenomenal. You will not have any regrets. They've sent me eyecups and fixed a minor spotter issue for me for free. Also, if you have an issue they will turn around your optics in 10 business days for $50 including overnight shipping. I would never feel more comfortable owning Vortex over Swaro.

Had to warranty my SLC's after a scouting trip on August 12th, had them back from Swaro in time for the opener on August 25. I'd vouge for their warranty.

I've since adopted a policy of keeping my binos tethered to my body 100% of the time, even when on the tripod.

Last edited:

nobody

WKR
The reason vortex can send you a new pair of binos/spotter when it fails with their no fault warranty is because you've already paid for it, it's built into the price. Don't know anyone who would pay Swaro prices if they didn't have amazing customer service, I wouldn't at least. But then again they don't fail in the field...
I wish more people understood this about Vortex. I talked to one of their reps once in Idaho, and he told me they fully expect to replace everything that comes out of their facilities at least once. Not just repair, but replace completely. They're planning on it failing at some point relatively soon. They have really good marketing and have pushed everyone to have the same warranty, but a warranty doesn't help you kill an elk when your scope breaks in the middle of a hunt.

As far as Swaro goes, my boss has a pair of EL's he purchased back in the late 90's, as well as a spotter. He's an avid hunter and outdoorsman, and also spends lots of time in the mountains just playing during the summer. His bino's live in his truck, under the seat. Also, if any of his friends or close coworkers ever have a "big" hunt they're going on, he immediately offers up his EL's and spotter. Last fall, he sent them with one of our coworkers on a Colorado Mule Deer hunt for a week. I asked my boss if he ever worries about them breaking or someone mistreating them, and his response was "Why worry? They're the best glass on the planet, if they can't survive being used hard, they wouldn't cost as much as they do." It's stuck with me. Whenever someone talks about Vortex, the first (and sometimes only) thing they mention is how many times they've had their Viper's replaced when they break. Any time anyone talks about their swaro's, they talk about how clear they were when they glassed up that bedded Coues buck at 800 yards under a tree as the sun was going down.

I will mention one thing to the OP, if you're happy with the Maven spotter, why not get something like their B.2 binos that compete with the Swaro's and run them? They're not as good as Swaro optically, but if your personal warranty worry is there, why chance it? I personally think the upgrade to Swaro is worth the money, but not if the headache will keep you from ever taking them out and using them. Just an idea...

Last edited: