Swarovski warranty experience?

I rolled my EL's down a hill and busted up both ocular lenses. I shipped them in, got a quote for repair, and had them back in a timely manner. Total cost for the repair was around $120 if I remember right.

I don't expect free repairs unless it's clearly a manufacturers defect. Once it's an abuse issue I fully expect to pay for the repairs and Swarovski has reasonable rates.

Longbow53

FNG
Sent my 13 year old pair of 8x30's Swaro's back.Dropped them and knocked them out of Collimation. One week later a refrurbished pair arrived back in time for my bear hunt...Refurbished? Looked brand new to me! Worth the price!

Last edited:

Spoonbill

WKR
My dad sent his 1980s vintage Swaro scope in to have the seals replaced and they did it for the cost of shipping. Having once been the victim of “just as good” when buying optics, my reccomendation is buy the best you can afford.
If you need further convincing, let Chris Farley explain it.

Achigan1

Lil-Rokslider
Well, got an email today. Turns out Z6 scopes have to go back to Austria for warranty repair so I’m down for 8 weeks. Hopefully we get it done but man hate that 8 weeks!!

elkguide

WKR
Hello. My name is elkguide and I am a Swarovski fanboy.

Having run Swaro products for over 30 years and even though I try to be careful with my optics, I am a hunter and they do get used. With over a dozen Swaro products in my stable I have unfortunately abused a few of them and every time that I have caused an issue, customer service has been there to keep me from crashing and burning. I have never had a bad experience with a Swarovski product that wasn't my fault. For my eyes, they have the best glass out there. If you want the best they are the top to me.

I have a Swaro Z5 Scope on my Elk rifle. When I bought the scope four years ago, I also bought their aluminum objective cover. It stayed closed with the help of an o ring that also sealed it. After a year or so, the lens cover wouldn't stay closed, so I called them and asked for any help they could offer. They said the o ring probably needed to be replaced, but they would send me a new style lens cover (now uses a magnet to keep it closed), and to send the old one back to them when I get the new one. Less than a week later, I got the new model (sells for about $120), no charge and it has worked perfectly ever since.
I also have a pair of Swaro EL Range 10X42, but they have been perfect since I got them 4 years ago so I haven't had to rely on their CS for them.

Last edited:

ILPete

FNG
Looking into getting a swarro spotter. Haven't heard good things about the warranty from guys, at least compared to vortex or the like. I own a maven spotter at the moment now. I dropped it on a rock this season and cracked the glass on the inside. Still fully functional and unnoticeable when looking through. Sent it in and it's getting fixed no questions asked. Awesome service at Maven! I'm worried about getting top notch glass and not being able to get fixed once I break it. Anyone have experiences with Swarovski or opinions on warranty for glass?
There are times I actually hate that the Swaro repair rep is so good. It makes me think twice about buying from any other manufacturer even if I prefer their specific product over the Swaro.

Generally I would expect breakage by the user to have some repair costs, although I've heard of cases where repairs were done for free. I helped a birder friend send in an old AT80 spotter (the gray one) that she purchased second hand. The focus mechanism wasn't working and I noticed that there appeared to be fungus growing on one of the interior prisms. I sent it in after contacting them and while waiting for an estimate was surprised to get the scope back in perfect working order and with all the prisms replaced.

My own experience with Swaro for superficial repairs and maintenance has been excellent and free.

rclouse79

WKR
They are too rich for my blood, but my hunting buddy has a pair. He dropped them on a hunt this fall and broke them. He was the second owner and got them back good as new with no charge.

DanN

FNG
This is an interesting conversation about the Swaro warranty, may make choose up to the SLC instead of Mavens

fatrascal

WKR
I accidentally rolled my backpack down a mountain and when I pulled the spotter out the objective lenses was egg shaped and the eyepiece was wobbly. My fault. Swarovski fixed it for free.
Sometimes when I'm using the BTX I see something so far out that 35 power is not enough so I switch to the single eyepiece to zoom up to 70 power. While switching I sometimes hit the eyepiece and objective scope body hard together through excitement and being in a hurry. Well I put a ding on the side of my objective ring where it meets the eyepiece. Did not effect usage at all but I sent it in last year and again it was fixed for free. Totally my fault again.
I've had multiple rubber eye cups replaced for free. Never a problem until the last eye cup. I was dealing with a guy I had never dealt with before and he wanted my warranty number and the number off the binocular. This hit me wrong so I called the next day and complained. I had a huge apology and the eye cup was at my house in 3 days.
Swarovski is #1 in warranty repair on a product that seldom needs repair.
In comparison I bought a second hand first generation Vortex Razor several months ago so that when I hunt with people who do not have a spotter, they will have one so we don't have to share. Eye piece just started fogging up. Guess using the Vortex warranty is a normal routine? Fatrascal

DanN

FNG
I accidentally rolled my backpack down a mountain and when I pulled the spotter out the objective lenses was egg shaped and the eyepiece was wobbly. My fault. Swarovski fixed it for free.
Sometimes when I'm using the BTX I see something so far out that 35 power is not enough so I switch to the single eyepiece to zoom up to 70 power. While switching I sometimes hit the eyepiece and objective scope body hard together through excitement and being in a hurry. Well I put a ding on the side of my objective ring where it meets the eyepiece. Did not effect usage at all but I sent it in last year and again it was fixed for free. Totally my fault again.
I've had multiple rubber eye cups replaced for free. Never a problem until the last eye cup. I was dealing with a guy I had never dealt with before and he wanted my warranty number and the number off the binocular. This hit me wrong so I called the next day and complained. I had a huge apology and the eye cup was at my house in 3 days.
In comparison I bought a second hand first generation Vortex Razor several months ago so that when I hunt with people who do not have a spotter, they will have one so we don't have to share. Eye piece just started fogging up. Guess using the Vortex warranty is a normal routine? Fatrascal
Great points and post. Thanks for the input and I’ll try to find a 8x42 SLC for the elevated bow stand in MN woods! -Dan

Only thing I've ever been asked for is a serial number and my address. Maybe model/ color if it's really old.