Swarovski X5

philys21

FNG
Hey guys I'm in the process of building a 6.5prc rifle primarily for hunting and secondly for long range target practice. I've been trying to decide on a scope and have been researching the X5 but am worried about the turret reliability since theirs not much talk about this scope. Today Midway started a sale on the X5 for $1,999, which seems like a great deal. Does anyone have any experience with this scope?

I'm still open to other recommendations I just want the best scope clarity in 2nd fp, and a dependable turret. I have an atcar on another rifle and love it but the glass leaves me wanting. Money isn't to much of a factor, but like to keep it under 3k.

FURMAN

WKR
It’s is one of the best hunting scopes money can buy. They track perfectly and have awesome glass. You will not be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
It's not a good scope is a GREAT scope. It gets no love because everyone thinks they need a FFP scope. I am over 30 animals with the one I have and my wife will hunt with no other scope. I was even dumb enough to accidentally drop it off a cliff. It tumbled about 60 feet and looked really bad. I was hiked in and the next morning was opening day. I shot a little bull at 942 yards and the scope was still holding zero when I checked it at the range several days later.

Here is a review I did on the scope a few years back.

https://www.rokslide.com/swarovski-x5-3-5-18x50-review/

Here is that bull after the tumble. Notice how great the stock looks:)
97f61fed1a4b52a77e7982e9c912075e.jpg

I have a couple. One is getting sent in because the windage isn’t tracking correctly. Still my favorite scope

OP
P

philys21

FNG
Have you seen prices this low before for this scope?

Dirtytough did the windage not work correctly right out of the box?

The 4w reticles must have went fast? Looks like the brm is the only ones left in both sizes. Not sure if its to "busy" for me. But Still tempting

OP
P

philys21

FNG
Well I purchased one from Cameralnd, for the price I figured if I don’t like it I could sell it for what I paid.

Sodbuster

WKR
X5i here.
Had an issue inside the turret where the extra battery sits.
Factory repaired it and figured before selling it I would try it again.
Sitting on my PRC I have hit steel out to 850 and back.
Tracks like it should and optically brilliant.
Whacked a coyote at 377 this afternoon after ranging and dialing.
Center punched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody ever accidentally bump off the windage turret on an x5 since there is no turret cap?

WRO

WKR
Anybody ever accidentally bump off the windage turret on an x5 since there is no turret cap?
Not me, mines killed 9 elk, a few deer, bears, and a bunch of other stuff..

I love it, I sold my nxs and wouldn't go back, 2 of my buddy's sold there's too after using mine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
Not me, mines killed 9 elk, a few deer, bears, and a bunch of other stuff..

I love it, I sold my nxs and wouldn't go back, 2 of my buddy's sold there's too after using mine.

hmmmm..... you make it sound awfully nice. Which model x5 do you use, the 3-18 or 5-25? You think the 3-18 has enough power to get out to 1000 yards?

WRO

WKR
hmmmm..... you make it sound awfully nice. Which model x5 do you use, the 3-18 or 5-25? You think the 3-18 has enough power to get out to 1000 yards?
3.5 x 18 with a 4wx, I killed a coyote at 1315 (longest) with it and a bear at 40 yards.. it's the best all around scope I've used.

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
3.5 x 18 with a 4wx, I killed a coyote at 1315 (longest) with it and a bear at 40 yards.. it's the best all around scope I've used.

^This might have made my decision for me. I was locked in on an nxs 5.5-22x50 with capped windage but Im a swaro fanboy at heart. And I have a x5 3-18 with 4wx available for 300 bucks less than the Nightforce, so that doesn't hurt either. X5 sounds like the way to go...

I use a Kifaru Rambler on some hunts and I have bumped mine up to 2 clicks putting the gun in and out. Never have bumped it using a gun bearer. Only using the scabbard on the Rambler.