Swarovski Z3 with BRH reticle

Looking for a scope for a friend. He was gifted a Browning HCS in 6.5 CM. Wants a scope with hold over reticle. Anyone using this scope? Also looked at Leupold VX 3 HD with Boone and Crocket reticle. Thoughts?

Trr15

WKR
I’ve got 2 of them. Great scopes. Light, crystal clear. I like the reticle too. You can go to Swarovskis website, punch in your load data and get your holdover yardage. Super easy.

Sandstrom

WKR
Yep, great scope. I got two of them last year, one for me and one for my dad. As stated above the ballistics program they have for free was spot on. I was able to verify it out to 600 yards on steel. I would highly recommend it!!
Ryan

Iman

FNG
Not all realize they actually have mil spaced holdovers. There is one mil between the dots when scope is at max magnification. Not sure why they do not advertise it more clear. Any ballistic calculator able to provide solution in mils can be used to get holdovers specific to your load. On top of that the reticle is set to zero parallax at 200m so less parallax error at extended range, another advantage on par with crystal optics. Love mine.

Jeverett

FNG
Have you considered the Z3 with the ballistic turret and 4W reticle? It allows you to dial elevation vs using the reticle which may or may not line up with the load/rifle combo. The turret has little markers for whatever distance you want to put them at, very simple to use. Ive had better luck with this set up vs relying on a factory load to line up with a reticle that wasnt made specific for that gun/load setup. It also has windage holdovers in the reticle to make quick shoots easier without dialing. My dad looked for the same set up and I convinced him on this one and he has yet to be disappointed. Either way your looking at great scopes!

Iman

FNG
I would not trust it being able to dial reliably. It will fail you one day. It was not designed for that. Sight it in once a year - use holdovers through the season. For dialing, look for Nightforce, S&B, Khales, March and others.

CoStick

WKR
On the 3-10x42 how is low light performance and field of view? Thank you

The 4-12x50 with brh is the shiz! Crystal clear and ultra light. I’ve killed elk at 550 yards on 270 wsm no problem

CoStick

WKR
The 4-12x50 with brh is the shiz! Crystal clear and ultra light. I’ve killed elk at 550 yards on 270 wsm no problem
is there a difference in reticle visibility between the 10x and 12x for those that have looked through both?