Swarovski Z5 scope problem

rrstein82

FNG
Having an issue with a new Z5. Scope operated fine out of the box. Decided to put new rings on and remount it. After bore sighting last night, I wanted to make a couple adjustments, and for some reason the elevation turret is completely stuck, as in it won't turn either way. This is both with the elevation rings and cap on and with them off (using the tool to make adjustments to zero). Any one have any idea what's going on?

Dcrafton

WKR
Having an issue with a new Z5. Scope operated fine out of the box. Decided to put new rings on and remount it. After bore sighting last night, I wanted to make a couple adjustments, and for some reason the elevation turret is completely stuck, as in it won't turn either way. This is both with the elevation rings and cap on and with them off (using the tool to make adjustments to zero). Any one have any idea what's going on?

Remove the scope then try it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might have to check a few things.
I’ve found that lapping your rings to make sure they are square so they don’t put any torsion or unnecessary pressure on the tube does wonders. Also if you are over torquing the rings you can damage the tube. 17InLb is key

SDHNTR

WKR
I was sternly cautioned from one of the biggest Swaro dealers in the country when I bought my Z5. He told me absolutely do not overtighten your rings. Usually the front one, close to the erector assembly on the elevation turret. When I expressed my concern about the dialing issues I’d heard some report with the Z5, he said most of the time overtightening was the problem. In an attempt to make that scope so light, they made the tube pretty thin. You may have damaged yours. Send it back and be careful next time when re mounting it. 15 in/lbs.

RDG_RNR

FNG
Has this been worked out? Was considering the Z5 on a current build mainly becauuse how light this optic is, but seeing a lot of issues in my searching

OP
R

rrstein82

FNG
Sorry, just seeing this. Yes, it worked out fine. I was just being too delicate with it. If you do crank the turret all the way, it can stick a bit. Haven't not worked the scope before I was scared to apply any force, but that's exactly what was needed. Just a stiff turn back the other way and it's been perfect ever since.