Swazi - 20%

OP
caesAR15

caesAR15

Lil-Rokslider
Someone earlier in this thread was asking about the Olive color that Swazi uses and whether it seems darker than other company's versions. Got my Hood and Micropants delivered yesterday -- Hood is Tussock and the pants are Olive.

I'd say the Olive is definitely on the darker side of what most of us are used to, though I had to remind myself that I'm used to Olive DRAB so perhaps that explains difference...? Either way, here's a real-world pic of both colors. Hopefully, it helps someone in the future.

20201028_190947.jpg

Dobermann

WKR
For everyone in the US jumping on the Swazi bandwagon, please know this:

Davey Hughes, founder of Swazi, threw firearms owners under the bus here last year by stating that hunters did not need semi-autos to hunt.

Maybe not for the trophy hunts he's known for, but most of us who also did pest control on our own land used semis for their efficiency - as well as safety, when you're dealing with goats and pigs in the bush, which can get dicey.

Well ... no more, as they got banned.

Davey Hughes actively contributed to the culture that allowed the government to ban not only semi-autos, but any shotgun with a mag tube capacity greater than five shells, or even lever-actions with a tube capacity greater than 10.

The government's public rhetoric - and the media coverage, which didn't question it, or look at the details - was that they were banning 'dangerous automatic military-style weapons'. But most weapons that went to the crushing machines were hunting rifles, shotguns, and lever actions - historical pieces, heirlooms, and practical tools.

Almost every hunter I know here in NZ has subsequently boycotted Swazi for life now - including me, and I've met the guy, and liked him.

But, no matter how good his gear is, no matter what he has done for hunting in the past, for most of us here in NZ ... he can get stuffed.

Goolahg

Lil-Rokslider
Rgr. Solid copy. Can you provide some credible evidence?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Davey Hughes, founder of Swazi, threw firearms owners under the bus here last year by stating that hunters did not need semi-autos to hunt.

Maybe not for the trophy hunts he's known for, but most of us who also did pest control on our own land used semis for their efficiency - as well as safety, when you're dealing with goats and pigs in the bush, which can get dicey.

Davey Hughes actively contributed to the culture that allowed the government to ban not only semi-autos, but any shotgun with a mag tube capacity greater than five shells, or even lever-actions with a tube capacity greater than 10.

The government's public rhetoric - and the media coverage, which didn't question it, or look at the details - was that they were banning 'dangerous automatic military-style weapons'. But most weapons that went to the crushing machines were hunting rifles, shotguns, and lever actions - historical pieces, heirlooms, and practical tools.

Almost every hunter I know here in NZ has subsequently boycotted Swazi for life now - including me, and I've met the guy, and liked him.

But, no matter how good his gear is, no matter what he has done for hunting in the past, for most of us here in NZ ... he can get stuffed.
Info like that makes me glad that I haven't placed an order yet. Thanks for the heads up

Goolahg

Lil-Rokslider
Im wearing mine now waiting to vote. Its a light wind and chilly. This feels thin and not warm. My green issued waffle top feels warmer. I thought this would be a bit thicker. Not a fan so far. Large is flippin huge on me, that makes me feel good though.

danarnold

WKR

thanks for the info, I wont continue to support swazi

Goolahg

Lil-Rokslider
I mean if you want to be a dick about it, sure it is a quick google. But so are 90% of the questions on this forum. But I'm not the one making claims and, I like using this forum to converse. I'm not disputing it. I was just curious if someone who was making the assertions who probably has done the homework and had them readily available would be interested in shining some light on it.

That being said, thanks for the links even if it was in a condescending manner.

I mean if you want to be a dick about it, sure it is a quick google. But so are 90% of the questions on this forum. But I'm not the one making claims and, I like using this forum to converse. I'm not disputing it. I was just curious if someone who was making the assertions who probably has done the homework and had them readily available would be interested in shining some light on it.

That being said, thanks for the links even if it was in a condescending manner.

Lol it wasn’t meant in a condescending manner.

Goolahg

Lil-Rokslider
Then i retract my previous. Balance restored. Happy hunting!

Beckjhong

WKR
Perhaps apropos on Election Day...

if the company is making these stances and donating money, that’s one thing. But the ceo as a private citizen voicing his opinion is another. I don’t agree with him, but that doesn’t mean I’ll vilify him and his company.
People are more than their political opinions. Most folks have more in common than apart, and I think we forget that. My opinion is the world can use a little less divisiveness.

Michael54

WKR
Lol. Im not defending the guy but it looks like it was his personal opinion after your prime minister took them all anyways. I honestly dont see any reason for an ar or ak platform while hunting either. However this is america and im a firm believer in our second ammendment and could care less if someone owned a closet full of rpgs. Didn't first lite get financial backing from a gun grabber? I'm pretty sure i read that somewhere. If they are not actively trying to violate my rights and the products work as well as or better than others at a better price i wont hesitate to use them. Now if he's dumping money and actively campaigning against my personal rights thats a whole different story. All of my searches on the guy keep going to the one interview that took place after you guys already got suckered by the gun grabbing kool aid drinkers though. The hood is warm, it wicks big time, and it doesn't even remotely fall into the price range of a car payment like a lot of other top brands items do.

Beckjhong

WKR
Another size reference: I’m 6’3” 205lb. Large is just perfect over a t-shirt (sleeves maybe a half inch short). If you’re planning on wearing more underneath, size up.

Goolahg

Lil-Rokslider
5'11 225 lbs roomy on me. Sleeves good length. Can definitely layer it. 8 d9nt feel like I should be in a medium anything, lol.

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone purchased colors other than black? Trying to get a different perspective on Olive and Tussock. Hard to tell on retail site pics but the Olive looks like a very deep green. Not the OD green were used to in the US.

Here’s the tussock against Colorado dirt and grass. I like it.

DAFDF2C3-9FC5-4360-8F3A-9DA9DE6E0774.jpegE94A8DD3-D8F9-4F01-AB85-9A15C6E64D6F.jpeg