Swazi now has a USA based website.

Cool. Anyone know how their sizing tracks to major US brands? Like a xxl Sitka top = a XXL or XXXL Swazi?

BTW that guy has bad ass hair and an even better accent. He sounds like an NZ crocodile Dundee.

Mojave

WKR
They still ship from New Zealand which is fine I have a couple thousand dollars of this stuff for the whole family. Usually the package is here within three or four days.

Mojave

WKR
I wear size larges in the common hunting brands and the size large swazi hoody fit similar
Yep.
Watch their sales a really good exchange rate is really good it’s just an awesome deal.

Glendine

Lil-Rokslider
Cool. Anyone know how their sizing tracks to major US brands? Like a xxl Sitka top = a XXL or XXXL Swazi?

BTW that guy has bad ass hair and an even better accent. He sounds like an NZ crocodile Dundee.

With Swazi,

An XL size is an Xl size and so on, there grear is really good

Regards,
Glendine.

z987k

WKR
It looks like they make the tech stuff in NZ and the fleece stuff in Thailand? No China?

Mojave

WKR
It looks like they make the tech stuff in NZ and the fleece stuff in Thailand? No China?
Higher and fleece is also made in New Zealand. my tahr and nahanni Say made in New Zealand on them not sure if that still the case

OP
Fish_monger

Fish_monger

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty bold claims on their “NuYarn” merino products. Anyone have any experience?

Mojave

WKR
Here are my thoughts now that I am on my computer and not on my phone.

1. Every piece I have owned from the company has been consistent. Every piece fits the same.
2. I was worried that they had picked up an American sales agent. It doesn't seem like that is the case. We don't want that. As we will lose our exchange rate sales difference.
3. Swazi is heavily based on using polar fleece. So they aren't the most innovative company out there. If you don't like polar fleece, you may not like their products. They live in a much wetter climate than most people who do not live in Washington, Oregon, British Columbia or Alaska. So this is what they make gear for.
4. They make good hoods, that really work in heavy weather. Unlike a lot of other companies, their hoods are really good.
5. Kids line is awesome, but kind of limited.
6. Women's line is really awesome.
7. Work line is awesome, have a lot of that as it works for my profession especially the high viz.
8. A tahr anorak and a Nahanni underneath it is an awesome cold weather combo with a wool wicking layer.
9. My wife doesn't like the way the Nahanni and Tahr look on me. She calls it my man dress. I bought her a Tahr, and she still bitches about mine, but she loves hers. Covers her ass up when she is wearing yoga pants, she likes that.

Pretty bold claims on their “NuYarn” merino products. Anyone have any experience?

Drying faster AND simultaneously being more wind resistant sounds like an oxymoron to me. Im no expert though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mojave

WKR
Drying faster AND simultaneously being more wind resistant sounds like an oxymoron to me. Im no expert though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Textiles that have a harder finish could do this.

Wind resistant without a barrier is the hard part.

inyago

FNG

The same material as kuiu in their merino products.. I belive kuiu worked with Mwm developing the weaving technique known as Nuyarn..If you know much about merino its beautiful to wear, but lacked durability in the hunting world and kuiu set out to change that and nuyarn is the result

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
I plan on getting the hood. The design and longer cut are really appealing. I am hoping to find a similar designed garment but with an outer finish that won’t collect burrs. That looks like the only drawback for my area.

Mojave

WKR
I plan on getting the hood. The design and longer cut are really appealing. I am hoping to find a similar designed garment but with an outer finish that won’t collect burrs. That looks like the only drawback for my area.
Which model is that

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
This is a link for “the hood”

Mojave

WKR
Looks like a good one to own. I have a similar thing called a Poly. They make a run of something and then they don't make it again for a while.

Snag one!