Sweating Through Goretex?

Curious on others experiences with Goretex boots. My feet always sweat a good bit and I recently noticed on my Crispi Briksdales that by the end of the day I'll have a small spot that looks like sweat is slowly seeping through from inside the goretex boot to the leather outside.

Is this something that's normal due to there being a "wet" spot putting pressure on the one area all day causing the moisture to slowly work its 2ay through?
9808011028dd26632631821d11252ddb.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Ka88

FNG
My feet sweat quite a bit as well, but I have never experienced this. I just bought my first set of Crispi’s a couple of weeks ago, the non-insulated Nevada. I’m wearing them regularly for break in and have not had this happen.

OP
H
My feet sweat quite a bit as well, but I have never experienced this. I just bought my first set of Crispi’s a couple of weeks ago, the non-insulated Nevada. I’m wearing them regularly for break in and have not had this happen.
Well poo, maybe I need to give them a shout.

Beendare

WKR
IME, some of the Gore Tex boots to fail right out of the gate...fairly rare but not worth rolling the dice- of course you want to test them before going on a hunt.

My guess is most guys are like myself...my feet sweat faster than your boot can vent the moisture. I have never seen a breathable moisture proof barrier that is everything to all people. Plus these Gore Tex layers only have so much life in them before they leak...with me its been about 1 -1/2 years.

It really helps to take your boots off and air them out even if just stopping for a few minutes to glass.

I've had great luck keeping my boots 100% dry using a diluted silicone coating.

OP
H
IME, some of the Gore Tex boots to fail right out of the gate...fairly rare but not worth rolling the dice- of course you want to test them before going on a hunt.

My guess is most guys are like myself...my feet sweat faster than your boot can vent the moisture. I have never seen a breathable moisture proof barrier that is everything to all people. Plus these Gore Tex layers only have so much life in them before they leak...with me its been about 1 -1/2 years.

It really helps to take your boots off and air them out even if just stopping for a few minutes to glass.

I've had great luck keeping my boots 100% dry using a diluted silicone coating.
These are only about 2 months old but I've been wearing them at work, which is about 10-12hrs a day. I havent had the leak that I can tell yet from the outside in.

That's what I was curious of, if this was a "leak" or just moisture slowly working through the barrier. I know nothing that is breathable is 100% waterproof forever.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Well, gore tex is a breathable waterproof bootie. That is just excess sweat from your feet working its way through the liner. No different than a Gore tex shell moving sweat off your body. I've had several different brands of boots do this as my feet run hot. I don't even own a pair of insulated hunting boots.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
H
Thanks for the reply guys, I had a feeling this is all it was. I'll probably be looking for another pair to wear during the summer

Goretex is designed in theory to allow moisture out but not in as I understand it. So if your feet are not getting wet when you walk through water I'd say boot is working as intended.

Jimss

WKR
Do your boots get wet when it's dry outside or only when hiking when it's wet? Are your boots insulated? You may consider using different socks? Cotton socks can be a problem if your feet sweat a lot. You may try a thinner sock with different material? Different insoles may also help? If I do a long climb when it's hot and I stop to glass I often take off my boots and socks off, take the insoles out of my boots, and let my feet relax and breath. Sometimes I may even dip my feet in a cool creek! Feels mighty good and my feet are ready to go for the rest of the day. At the end of the day I also take the insoles out of my boots and open the shoe laces on my boots to let them totally dry out.