Sweaty feet and leather lined boots

I’m sure the sweaty feet topic has been beaten to death on here but I am another sufferer. My feet seem to sweat no matter the temperature outside or what footwear I am wearing. It’s 20 out today and I am wearing thin darntough socks and I am still sweating which is making me freezing cold on my feet. The only thing I haven’t tried is non waterproof boots. What is your guys’ opinions on them?

Spray on antiperspirant works for me in the winter when I’m looking to keep feet dry and thus warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consider trying Drysol. It's a prescription for excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis). Drysol can be used in the armpits, hands, and feet. You will have to see your PCP for a prescription (if you're interested). Otherwise, if I were in your shoes, I would change my socks as frequently as needed.

coues32

WKR
My feet would always get get cold even when temps were not bad, I have ran Crispis last 8 years only boot can get to fit my foot.

They make their Nevadas in a non insulated model, night and day difference for me, feet are alot more comfortable, my feet will get cold some when temps are low and sitting.

I would love to have a pair of leather lined crispis, mentioned that to them a long time ago..

Comfort lining (insulated) was used in all the boots previous to the non insulated model.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The only thing I haven’t tried is non waterproof boots.

Have you tried polypropylene liner socks under your DT socks? My feet sweat too, but they stay pretty dry and comfortable with liner socks.

I've even worn 800gm Thinsulate insulation boots in Sept while hiking all day and my feet were fine.

rm06

WKR
My feet sweat all the time, hot or cold and haven't had much success in mitigating the issue. I've used Kleinert's sweat shield wipes which seems to work for a few days but when you're elk hunting for 7 days it isn't much help. Foot sweat in cold weather is worse of course. I've heard leather boots are better but I have not had the opportunity to try them out and I'm sure they're not a miracle cure.

I use Dove Men's antiperspirant spray when not hunting. Even when you can find the "unscented" version it still has a distinct scent. I've more or less learned to live with it and power through it.

Trr15

WKR
I have a pair of leather lined Lowa Tibet’s and they breathe better than any pair of waterproof boots I’ve ever owned. If you hunt in a dry climate, they might be worth checking out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly too, the more tennis-shoe-like the boots, Hoka One Ones, etc. the better your feet can breath. Waterproof, for me, just means I end up sweating the boots wet instead of them getting wet from the outside. I've ended up just bringing two pairs of boots on my hunts and shed hunts since I inevitably get them wet one way or the other. I get shit for it but at the beginning of the day I'm the one slipping on dry boots.

OP
E
Some of the spray things have helped but I have trouble finding scent less ones and I primarily hunt in NM when I western hunt so I figured I don’t need goretex that much.

T28w

WKR
My feet are terrible. Sweat no matter what I’m wearing. Like someone else said, my feet are going to be wet from sweat or water coming in. I ordered some of the Crispi Wyoming on sale but was really interested in the Zamberlan leather lined thinking they may be better. I think for me it is just better to wear liner socks and change socks when possible. Will keep an extra pair of boots in truck and rotate if feasible.

I run Hanwag yukons for the same reason, keep them treated and they stay pretty water resistant.

My feet do much better W/O WPB membranes