Sweaty feet options

What do you all do for your sweaty feet issues? I have looked into both synthetic boots and leather lined boots. My feet sweat a lot and under the bad conditions my feet get super super cold. I just had an elk hunt and used crispi briksdals and my feet sweat even when it was cold in the morning which caused both a few hot spots and some extremely cold toes. I’ve had this issue many years now and have had a lot of issues on January archery hunts and late November rifle hunts.

xOttox

FNG
I have the same problem. Generally carry an extra pair of socks or 2 and change them out periodically and hang them up at night to dry out.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I have the same problem. Generally carry an extra pair of socks or 2 and change them out periodically and hang them up at night to dry out.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

This.

In addition, talk to your doc there is a medication (topical) called Drysol which you can use for sweaty axillae (armpits), palms, or soles of feet.

FWIW.

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
I use whatever anti-perspirant I happen to be using at the time. works for me.

coues32

WKR
non insulated crispi nevadas has helped and leather lined non gtx breath better

sd375

Lil-Rokslider
Wet feet = cold feet. Wet feet also cause blisters quicker. IMO gold bond powder works the best to prevent this and then aerosol or roll on anti perspirant. A good time to test this out is wearing your boots in the summer when it’s hot as heck.

I have the same issue. Last year I read about lamalite socks from Wiggys. Bought some. They’re pretty legit. They suck up the moisture and move it to the outside of the sock. Dry feet = warm feet. Not sure how they’d hold up if you were putting in lots of miles doing something like elk hunting, but they have worked great for my purposes.

Buffinnut

Lil-Rokslider
Really cool idea using anti-perspirant to prevent sweating. I seem to sweat and get hot spots on my heels no matter what. Leukotape is an absolute lifesaver for the hotspot/ blister thing. 100% you should always carry a few extra pairs of quality socks and rotate. Can be a lifesaver.

Cbled

Lil-Rokslider
I had found using anti-perspirant and good merino wool socks makes a world of difference!!
Do you guys using antiperspirants apply once before your hunt, or do you carry in your pack and reapply daily? Thanks.

Jbehredt

WKR
Do you guys using antiperspirants apply once before your hunt, or do you carry in your pack and reapply daily? Thanks.

I use it most days year round. A liberal application at the beginning of a hunt will get me through a few days before it starts to wear off. I have the Mitchum roll on. Has made a world of difference for the warmth and overall health of my feet since I started doing it a couple years back. Used to have athletes foot issues nearly constantly. Haven’t touched the lamisil since I started with the anti perspirant. Also haven’t put a single piece of leukotape on my feet since.

OP
E
Thanks for the recommendations guys! I live in NM so I don’t see much cold weather or wet weather so I’m thinking about trying synthetic boots, my only concern is cactus puncturing the boots when I’m not paying attention, what do you guys think about the breathability of synthetic boots vs leather counterparts

ChrisAU

WKR
Spray on anti-perspirant is a game changer. I lugged a can into the back country last year and likely will this year too, works great for day hunts too.

Synthetic definitely will be more breathable. I have the same issue no matter what the boot is made out of. I bring an extra pair and swap them out. Use socks with a high percentage of Merino wool.

ID_Matt

WKR
Dryclor or Drysol like mentioned above works wonders. I have terribly sweaty feet and this is the only thing that can tame it. Used to have to get a prescription for drysol but now you can get dryclor on amazon or over the counter.