Sweaty feet options

DANNY-L

Lil-Rokslider
I used right guard spray and make sure sure not to have my boots to tight. Most of the time just 1 pair of socks. I wear the same type of socks that I wore while in the Army (thin wool) and that seems to be enough.

MeatBuck

WKR
I’ve got sweaty feet that always lead to bad athletes foot. (Like toe to shin bad). Hot spots are really common for me but never had a bad blister isssue(fingers crossed). I never really hike enough miles to cause blisters (or maybe just don’t sidehill enough to). Dayhunts up to 6-7 miles according to my iPhone step tracker deal.
Worried about longer back country hunts where hygiene can play a part in creating more of a problem than I’m able to manage with regular bathing and treatment at home.
I have uninsulated crispi guide gtx and wear a liner sock under some thicker socks I got at Walmart hunting section.
My feet seemingly sweat all the time unless in front of a fan. I can’t walk around barefooted to help dry them out because they stick to the floor and everything on the floor sticks to them. Can’t wear flip flops because the sweat makes them slippery slimy and nasty and I hate that feeling.
Never tried any antiperspirants but am curious about trying them.
The athletes foot spray I use isn’t helping either because I’ve been hunting so often which keeps my feet wet. And no I don’t take my boots off or change my socks while I’m hunting. That’s just not reasonable to me.
Thinking I should talk with my dr about it.
What u guys think? Maybe try some merino socks and otc antiperspirant before dr?

Ajvandenbosch8

Lil-Rokslider
This is what I use and it has helped me tremendously... My feet sweat some thing terrible when I have boots on no matter what kind and this “Sure”unscented anti-perspirant deodorant has been a game changer... It sounds like your case may be more severe than mine but for five bucks a can it is definitely worth a shot before heading to the doctor. Good luck!
df85b413811f5a8b7fad9614f5b50fbb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

njdoxie

WKR
I'm gonna try it this year, been meaning to for years.

Will leukotape stick after spraying me feet?

Last edited:

Cooms320

FNG
What do you all do for your sweaty feet issues? I have looked into both synthetic boots and leather lined boots. My feet sweat a lot and under the bad conditions my feet get super super cold. I just had an elk hunt and used crispi briksdals and my feet sweat even when it was cold in the morning which caused both a few hot spots and some extremely cold toes. I’ve had this issue many years now and have had a lot of issues on January archery hunts and late November rifle hunts.
I’ve used drysol as well and had good luck

njdoxie

WKR
I'm gonna try it this year, been meaning to for years.

Will leukotape stick after spraying me feet?
Luektotape slides right off feet treated with anti perspirant. I guess you could tape your feet up and then spray them with antiperspirant.

xk319

FNG
I use smart wool or merino wool religiously. It's the hikers choice.

T28w

WKR
Glad to see I’m not alone with this prob.
I don’t have tough feet to begin with but after hours of sitting in sweat, they get tore up pretty easily no matter what shoe, boot I wear.