Sweet Potato Cottage Pie w/elk burger

Jdog

WKR
Alrightie...I made this last year for Christmas dinner and wifie wanted me to make it again this year on Christmas Eve as a new family tradition.

So I obliged and hooked it up again...

Ground elk burger, olives, cranberries, onions, carrots, sweet potatoes, cinnamon, etc, etc.

Step one...browned burger, cooked vegies, etc.
IMAG0341_zps864fe8fa.jpg

Step two...add sweet potato mixture...right before baking
IMAG0349_zps29816b43.jpg

Finished product...+ a nice cabernet...its good for you!
IMAG0352_zpsced6bb0c.jpg

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jdog...this looks incredible! Love the family tradition too! What do you do to the sweet potatoes? Mashed?

OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
Becca - I was at Publics last year in line and saw it on the cover of a magazine...I said, I am gonna make that and did.

The sweet potatoes are baked until really soft...then add, parmesan cheese, butter, salt, cinnamon, and mash them all up.

Here is a trick...cook it and let it sit up over night then rewarm and eat. The flavors REALLY come out.

I just asked the wife to scan and email the recipe to me...I will post it in a few minutes.

It is GREAT! The cranberries and cinnamon make this dish amazing! Heck...a few glasses of cabernet make it even better!!!

My lil guy was KILLING IT! But he eats anything! :)
IMAG0351_zps9b93258c.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
I have this recipe as a PDF file. If anyone wants it...send me a PM.

I replaced the burger with elk burger.

Lost Arra

FNG
This is delicious.
My daughters took elk meat from our freezer and have enjoyed this with their families in Texas, North Carolina and South Carolina.