SWFA 3-15 MOA or MIL?

You will mostly get people recommending what they use for obvious reasons. I went with a MIL SWFA as my first dial scope as I found many resources that said MIL is a bit easier to learn. Probably doesn’t matter a lot because once you get everything set up and print out your chart you won’t need to do the calculations in your head. Then you have the apps too. With technology it’s pretty idiot proof.

204guy

WKR
^^^Yep, except MILS are more intuitive to everyone if they're honest with themselves.

^^^Yep, except MILS are more intuitive to everyone if they're honest with themselves.

Now you’ve gone and done poked the nest.

Go watch a couple of you tube videos and go with the one that sounds easier to understand for you.

OP
B

BCD

WKR
The MOA model is on sale for 570 and the MIL model is 700......

Is the MIL version worth the 130 dollars more?

204guy

WKR
There's a clue in there that the MOA version is on sale and not the MIL.

Wrench

WKR
Be sure to check reticles and ffp/sfp....they are normally about the same price.

204guy

WKR
I just checked their website and their tax day sale is going on. Both the mil and moa are onsale for the same price.

406, sure it's simple if you have 2 nearly identical products and 1 is on sale and not the other. Typically that tells me that either A. the one on sale is being discontinued or B. it's onsale to reduce inventory because they can't sell it, the other one not onsale is in enough demand that there is no need to put it onsale. Doesn't speak to 1 being better than the other, but it does speak to demand.

Edit-PREEMPTIVE: I'm going to reach through my computer and slap the first guy that says MOA because, at 400yds I know I have a 12" drop so I can dial 12 "clicks" so MOA is better.

270wsmnutt

Lil-Rokslider
Personal preference, just like 1st or 2nd focal plane. I have always used MOA, so that it what I stick with to be consistent from gun to gun.

204guy

WKR

I wonder if there is a correlation between efficacy and demand.

I'm not mad at anyone, that was a joke and you missed by way more than 1/8 moa.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk