Swfa black November

sndmn11

WKR
The milquad is only 20% off, no freebies.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I think I am going to order one, I almost did this morning when it popped up.

The 3-15 deal is going to be the source of my head scratching for the next few weeks when people ask what scope to buy, or that it takes $1k+ for a next to perfect scope.

Ucsdryder

WKR

The 3-15 deal is going to be the source of my head scratching for the next few weeks when people ask what scope to buy, or that it takes $1k+ for a next to perfect scope.
Well if they had a zero stop and had glass that didn’t look like the bottom of a shot glass then it might be a pretty good option for “the perfect scope”. I honestly don’t understand the infatuation with swfa. I blame FORM. 😆

Well if they had a zero stop and had glass that didn’t look like the bottom of a shot glass then it might be a pretty good option for “the perfect scope”. I honestly don’t understand the infatuation with swfa. I blame FORM. 😆
The zero stop takes $5 dollars and 30 seconds to fix. And the glass has never created any issues for me but I don’t glass with my scope, I use my binos/spotter for that. But to each their own.

sndmn11

WKR

Hey now. There's at least two ways to zero stop create. My youthful eyes don't have any issue focusing on the reticle through the trigger press. That doesn't demand a whole lot out of glass.

Ucsdryder

WKR
The zero stop takes $5 dollars and 30 seconds to fix. And the glass has never created any issues for me but I don’t glass with my scope, I use my binos/spotter for that. But to each their own.
I prefer not to Jerry rig my equipment and I don’t like the feel of the washers. If you don’t care about the quality of the glass then maybe the swfa is a great choice. You can still tell an elk is an elk at 500 yards, so maybe it’s good enough!

Juan_ID

WKR
Kinda wish I had a reason to buy another. Currently have 2 and not sure what everyone who gripes about the glass is talking about? Is it that it’s not as clear as the others or? I’ve only had mine a short time compared to others on here but just don’t see the problem with the glass, and a factory zero stop would be nice but the shims seem to work just fine. 🤷‍♂️

Kinda wish I had a reason to buy another. Currently have 2 and not sure what everyone who gripes about the glass is talking about? Is it that it’s not as clear as the others or? I’ve only had mine a short time compared to others on here but just don’t see the problem with the glass, and a factory zero stop would be nice but the shims seem to work just fine. 🤷‍♂️
I had a 10x that at 1k a couple barely make out my 12" plate. And is was so washed out i could barely see it at that. But maybe mine was a stand out.
My 6x's and 5-20 are good.
No zero stop is a pretty big buzz killer for me.
The zoom rotates backwards on the 3-15 and was an absolute deal breaker for me. Ever time I touched it I would start dry heaving. Had to move them on.

Juan_ID

WKR
I had a 10x that at 1k a couple barely make out my 12" plate. And is was so washed out i could barely see it at that. But maybe mine was a stand out.
My 6x's and 5-20 are good.
No zero stop is a pretty big buzz killer for me.
The zoom rotates backwards on the 3-15 and was an absolute deal breaker for me. Ever time I touched it I would start dry heaving. Had to move them on.
That’s wild, I’ve shot mine out to 1k a couple times and haven’t had any issues seeing my target or knowing what I’m looking at. Dry heaving when attempting to zoom in your scope sounds like an even bigger problem tho. Why do you think you had such anxiety with the zoom being reversed? I did notice that when I got mine but I guess I don’t see the issue there either, get setup for a shot and get your zoom where you want it and shoot. 🤷‍♂️

Axlrod

WKR
Hmm. I have been looking at a totally different site.

Nothing has been in stock, I bought a used 10x just yesterday. Wish I had figured this out.

Well figured it out, kinda.

I guess I have been on an old site from swfa and it kept linking me back to dead pages that listed scopes out of stock. I found the correct page from it, but definitely isn't the easiest thing to navigate.

And now I definitely feel like I over paid on what I got...

Here's what I was getting:
View attachment 473715
Buy one of the sale scopes. Add that price to what you paid for the used 10x and divide by 2- then you will have saved money! In the stock market they call it cost averaging.

That’s wild, I’ve shot mine out to 1k a couple times and haven’t had any issues seeing my target or knowing what I’m looking at. Dry heaving when attempting to zoom in your scope sounds like an even bigger problem tho. Why do you think you had such anxiety with the zoom being reversed? I did notice that when I got mine but I guess I don’t see the issue there either, get setup for a shot and get your zoom where you want it and shoot. 🤷‍♂️
OCD is a heck of a disease 😃

JohnB

WKR
Is anyone else having payment challenges with SWFA? I've had a helluva time getting a payment to go through with a multitude of different error types. I'll give them a call tomorrow and try to do it over the phone.

Any opinions on the 1-4 model? Looking to put it on an sbr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve beaten the hell out of a couple of them and they hold 0 well. Lots of stuff has died in front of them.

I’ve owned the 3-15x for 10 years and I’ve shot numerous competitions with it. My shooting partner is the guy who first developed the shims for the zero stops. He came up with the solution after we competed in the Sniper Adventure Challenge. It’s a quick and easy fix.

It’s not a NF, Kahles, Swaro, etc., but I can personally attest to its usability and durability.