SWFA Mil Quad Reticles - Same or Different?

rharbaugh

WKR
I went through 5 pages of search results for "mil-quad" and couldn't find what I was looking for. I have two 3-15x42SS FFP Mil-Quad scopes, but they have different reticles. One with a floating dot, the other with a crosshair. My question is do these scopes have the same sub-tensions? I'm 90% confident they are, just looking to confirm with other SWFA enthusiasts. If there is a good thread or resource addressing this, please send it my way.

Thanks,

RH

SS315X42MQ_thumb8__76158.jpg

https://swfa-ss.com//products/scopes/swfa-ss/detail/SS315X42MQ
SS315X42MQ2_thumb9.jpg

I went through 5 pages of search results for "mil-quad" and couldn't find what I was looking for. I have two 3-15x42SS FFP Mil-Quad scopes, but they have different reticles. One with a floating dot, the other with a crosshair. My question is do these scopes have the same sub-tensions? I'm 90% confident they are, just looking to confirm with other SWFA enthusiasts. If there is a good thread or resource addressing this, please send it my way.

Thanks,

RH

View attachment 640961

https://swfa-ss.com//products/scopes/swfa-ss/detail/SS315X42MQ
View attachment 640962

Thanks for asking this question! I had the same issue the other day and even called SWFA and we couldn’t figure it out. Figured it was an old reticle vs a new.

Thanks form for clearing that up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one with the floating center dot is SFP.

*EDIT* nevermind I’m dumb I was looking at the MOA quad reticle

Sorry one other dumb question:

In their non HD line, their fixed 10x says second focal plane but shows the reticle without the center dot. The side focus fixed 10x non hd shows second focal plane but shows a center dot. Is that correct? I’d prefer to get the reticle with a dot

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
*EDIT* nevermind I’m dumb I was looking at the MOA quad reticle

Sorry one other dumb question:

In their non HD line, their fixed 10x says second focal plane but shows the reticle without the center dot. The side focus fixed 10x non hd shows second focal plane but shows a center dot. Is that correct? I’d prefer to get the reticle with a dot

No FFP or fixed mil scope other than the 1-6x has a center dot.

saltfork

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2 of the non HD fixed 10x's. MOA. Rear focus. They both have the dot in the center