Switch to day six?

hunterman_78

Lil-Rokslider
I’m thinking of making a switch from Easton fmj to the day six arrows. Any one think it’s be worth it or just stick with fmj? My arrow now is about 515 cut at 29 with a 125 kudu point up front

OP
H

hunterman_78

Lil-Rokslider
What about something like the axis? I’m over getting bent arrows, that’s why I’m thinking of switching to something else

jspradley

WKR
I like my day six 300s but if you already have a good working setup then why switch unless you just want to try something new?

OP
H

hunterman_78

Lil-Rokslider
Ah, makes sense. I havent shot my FMJs too much since I got my Day Six but is always a concern in the back of my mind. I would cringe a little every time my wife would pull my arrows out of the target crooked.
Yeah I cringe when my kids try helping me pull them to. I love the fmj but want to get something that doesn’t bend and the kids can pull without me worrying about bending

dkime

WKR
Yeah I cringe when my kids try helping me pull them to. I love the fmj but want to get something that doesn’t bend and the kids can pull without me worrying about bending

I last shot FMJs 6 years ago, since then it’s been GT pierces, Axis, and now Day Six. You won’t have anything to worry about the Day Six shafts, super durable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dg09

FNG
I have axis 340’s and was thinking of trying another brand. Any suggestions? I’m really thinking BE

ontarget7

WKR
I am wanting to get away from bending arrows

Then you will be moving to bending and wobbly outserts down the road.

If you want to get away from bending on the FMJ’s go to an all carbon. The Easton Hexx in a 330 spine or 260 spine with brass H inserts.

They are darn near as tight on tolerances as the FMJ’s

MattB

WKR
Just wanting to try something different. BE is as reputable as Easton. Made in USA too

What is the perceived benefit of the change? Or is this just change for the sake of change? I personally would save my money.

dkime

WKR
IMO and testing they are not in the same league.
Durability goes to Easton as well

I’m with OT on this one, I test run out, straightness and sort through spine. I’d sway you away from BE toward a Day Six Easton GT setup before that brand. I only asked what your goal was Incase there was something else you were working toward.

I’m thinking of making a switch from Easton fmj to the day six arrows. Any one think it’s be worth it or just stick with fmj? My arrow now is about 515 cut at 29 with a 125 kudu point up front

I’m not a heavy arrow guy per se, but if I were I’d consider the Day Six because their insert system seems so legitimate!

I commonly hear that FMJs bend.

dg09

FNG
I’m with OT on this one, I test run out, straightness and sort through spine. I’d sway you away from BE toward a Day Six Easton GT setup before that brand. I only asked what your goal was Incase there was something else you were working toward.

away from BE? HMM..... well thats a first ive heard. i suppose its like ford and chevy or ram lol. i started out with beeman classic hunters then tried GT but quickly switched to axis. tried the FMJ but just liked the axis. im totally satisfied wth the axis. im really wanting to start to build my own arrows from the ground up. ive built the ones i have now but just having gotten back into bowhunting a couple yrs ago its been somewhat of a challenge. type of vanes sizes then fletching l/r helical wraps no wraps lol
my total arrow weight is 488g. shooting 71 lbs. @28". with the cost of valkerie arrows or grizzly sticks i could make a hundred of my own lol not knocking those guys cause theyve done their research and tests and have amazing products but i could never justify the cost. dont have the coin lol. plus i like tinkering lol

TravisIN

WKR
I’ve shot the day six arrows and they are solid. I switched from FMJs for the same reason. Honestly I can’t find an arrow I like better than an Axis pro. I can’t recommend them enough

Day six is a skinny shaft and the biggest issue with skinnies is the nocks, al the ones I’ve shot have been very brittle.

dkime

WKR
I’ve shot the day six arrows and they are solid. I switched from FMJs for the same reason. Honestly I can’t find an arrow I like better than an Axis pro. I can’t recommend them enough

Day six is a skinny shaft and the biggest issue with skinnies is the nocks, al the ones I’ve shot have been very brittle.

I run Beiter Hunter Nocks on my DS shafts just because I run them on all arrows that I shoot and never had an issue with them being durable. Something to look at for those interested