Switchback xt

I have a 70lb switchback xt that I really like,i know its a dinosaur but I mainly whitetail hunt and it works fine,i shoot out to 60 but would like to stretch that because i plan to attand the total archery challenge this year with some buddys,i would to smoke them or at least hang with them as they all shoot the latest stuff.I have thought about upgrading but would rather buy other gear and a few 3d targets.
Im just looking for ways to upgrade what i have if any will improve my setup.
I have a limbdriver rest,mbg 3 pin movable sight,9 inch stabilizer.Goldtip 340 velocity,Tru ball execution relaese.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 33
You just need time shooting.

That bow is a tick slower than the newer ones, but it doesn't give up much else.

Looks like the grip might be changed on it, that's something that is worth doing on those bows as the large rounded grip might feel good, but it can induce some torque.

Otherwise I can't think of much, just learn to shoot it, nothing it can't do.

OP
C
Grip has been changed,i have bow hunted for 20 years and been thru many bows early on,hoyts,pse,fx,legacy,outback,switchback,xt and most recently a bowtech prodigy but a few years ago i came across this xt and tore it down and redid everything including the finish because i shot my first switchback good and just liked the feel better.I also got a pair of 60 lb limbs I thought may be useful as i got older.

sndmn11

WKR
There's a chance you could pick up a little draw length and maybe a smoother transfer with a thumb release from Carter/stanislawski/spot Hogg/etc.

OR Archer

WKR
You have good gear on it. You might just consider building some 3D specific arrows for it. Something that’s light weight to pick up some speed and maybe catch a line or two. It’ll take a little tuning but that’s a pretty easy one to get to shoot well.

Last edited:
OP
C
I have used blazer 3 fletch right helical for years and have had good luck.Any better options like 4 fletch or length to help with the longer distances ill be shooting.

You want to lower the drag the further you shoot for target.

3 fletch, I like flex fletch ffp-200 or the ffp-187.

Nothing wrong with blazers tho, just higher profile and you don't need that much steer for 3d.