Switching from NO peep to Anchor sight?

Crow264

FNG
I have shot the same no peep on my bows for so many years that it’s starting to show its age. It’s setting on its 5th or 6th bow and starting to lose fine tune adjustments it seems so probably time to upgrade. Who is running the anchor sights and how do you like them.

bsnedeker

WKR
I used an anchor sight for a season before I went back to a peep. It worked well as far as accuracy but I didn't like that you had to look at the sight first then switch to your pins once you are anchored. I prefer keeping my eyes focused on the target rather than an appendage on my bow.

I do think it helped with my overall archery form and ability to consistently grip and not torque the bow... the feedback is immediate which is good.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
C

Crow264

FNG
I used an anchor sight for a season before I went back to a peep. It worked well as far as accuracy but I didn't like that you had to look at the sight first then switch to your pins once you are anchored. I prefer keeping my eyes focused on the target rather than an appendage on my bow.

I do think it helped with my overall archery form and ability to consistently grip and not torque the bow... the feedback is immediate which is good.

Sent from my SM-G960U using
Sounds spot on like the NO peep as far as how it helped your form and consistency. I have never had a peep on bow that I have owned and had I known that they would go out of business I would have bought 10 of them. I have buddies I have tried to convert to using it and they would have none of it but they have all shot a peep from the start and like them I just can’t bring myself to switch over. This one has rode on 5 different rigs now and was just hoping I could switch to the anchor sight and not run into some problem I don’t know about with that model.

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
I've used the Anchor Sight for over 12 years now.
bought a new one (camo) for my 2020 Vertix, My Switchback XT still has the original (black) Anchor Sight mounted. Sold my Creed XS, buyer didn't want Anchor Sight so I sold it on Ebay for 90% what paid originally.

I like the bigger sight picture with my Hogg Father single pin and Anchor Sight complements that.
if you get Anchor adjusted just right, with some practice and refining your form, you will find the Anchor alignment is almost automatic, to a point where 90% of the time I don't even look at Anchor Sight. I've gotten to the point where with a quick look & adj, I can use the Anchor to shoot 5 yards higher or lower if needed. Great alignment check for those steep uphill/downhill shots too, as like a 3rd axis level. If you feel/sense torqueing, the Anchor device immediately shows that if you look & check.

I get 10 min more shooting time at last light without using a 1/4" peep....this makes a big difference hunting. Especially if you under forest canopy of douglas, ponderosa firs. This is main reason I switched to not using a peep. Up in Oregon few years back, 6 hour tree stand sit and had a OR roosie bull come in at last light, couldn't see pins thru peep, yet pins still glowed looking around peep.

I used to shoot 100 yards in practice, due to older eyesight now I practice at 80 yards. To use a peep, I'm sure would probably need one of those peep magnifiers...add more to string, lose FPS.
Limit my hunt shots to 70 yards max depending on conditions. Most important, my groups improved and are tight, to the point that I will not shoot 3 arrows at a 30 yard target dot. Those William Tells get expensive.

This 2020 AZ Imperial Valley public land buck taken with 15 min legal shooting light left, at distance of 65 yards. Shot took place back in the brush, salt pines and buck ran out into cut field. Iron Will BH 125gr solid, pass-thru arrow and buck went 60 yards and down for the count, all in under 30 seconds!

The Anchor Sight is visible right above/behind arrow rest on this right hand Vertix. Upon shot execution, never even checked the Anchor Sight alignment, knew by feel, form that it is was lined up good.
9 big bucks, 5 bulls, 2 spike bulls in 12 years and I'll never go back to a peep....my aging eyesight wouldn't allow it.

12282020.AZ buck 1 (2).jpg

Last edited:
OP
C

Crow264

FNG
I've used the Anchor Sight for over 12 years now.
bought a new one (camo) for my 2020 Vertix, My Switchback XT still has the original (black) Anchor Sight mounted. Sold my Creed XS, buyer didn't want Anchor Sight so I sold it on Ebay for 90% what paid originally.

I like the bigger sight picture with my Hogg Father single pin and Anchor Sight complements that.
if you get Anchor adjusted just right, with some practice and refining your form, you will find the Anchor alignment is almost automatic, to a point where 90% of the time I don't even look at Anchor Sight. I've gotten to the point where with a quick look & adj, I can use the Anchor to shoot 5 yards higher or lower if needed. Great alignment check for those steep uphill/downhill shots too, as like a 3rd axis level. If you feel/sense torqueing, the Anchor device immediately shows that if you look & check.

I get 10 min more shooting time at last light without using a 1/4" peep....this makes a big difference hunting. Especially if you under forest canopy of douglas, ponderosa firs. This is main reason I switched to not using a peep. Up in Oregon few years back, 6 hour tree stand sit and had a OR roosie bull come in at last light, couldn't see pins thru peep, yet pins still glowed looking around peep.

I used to shoot 100 yards in practice, due to older eyesight now I practice at 80 yards. To use a peep, I'm sure would probably need one of those peep magnifiers...add more to string, lose FPS.
Limit my hunt shots to 70 yards max depending on conditions. Most important, my groups improved and are tight, to the point that I will not shoot 3 arrows at a 30 yard target dot. Those William Tells get expensive.

This 2020 AZ Imperial Valley public land buck taken with 15 min legal shooting light left, at distance of 65 yards. Shot took place back in the brush, salt pines and buck ran out into cut field. Iron Will BH 125gr solid, pass-thru arrow and buck went 60 yards and down for the count, all in under 30 seconds!

The Anchor Sight is visible right above/behind arrow rest on this right hand Vertix. Upon shot execution, never even checked the Anchor Sight alignment, knew by feel, form that it is was lined up good.
9 big bucks, 5 bulls, 2 spike bulls in 12 years and I'll never go back to a peep....my aging eyesight wouldn't allow it.

View attachment 273586
This is exactly how I feel about the No peep so I will be ordering me a new anchor sight this week. I can tell you have some time behind the system because that’s exactly how I shoot the no peep.. I’m cognizant of it during my shot process but it’s more of a subconscious check that doesn’t happen every time. Nice buck by the way.