Switching to MTN Tough

FireNelk

FNG
Hey everyone just purchased the MTN Tough membership and will be starting up this next week.
Have been doing CompTrain for past year and just decided to switch it up.
Anyone else who is starting their journey with MTN Tough and would like to go have someone else to share their journey or post times and keep accountable let me know.

bradb

WKR
I did some of the in season, now through week 4 of post season strength. Started at fat and out of shape with a stone hunt in Sept. The workouts kick my ass at 4AM before work. Also biking at night. Will(first typed need to) drop 50lbs before the hunt,, be much stronger and in shape

BenchToField

Lil-Rokslider
Hey everyone just purchased the MTN Tough membership and will be starting up this next week.
Have been doing CompTrain for past year and just decided to switch it up.
Anyone else who is starting their journey with MTN Tough and would like to go have someone else to share their journey or post times and keep accountable let me know.
FireNelk how has MTN Tough been treating you? What program have you chosen?

OP
FireNelk

FireNelk

FNG
FireNelk how has MTN Tough been treating you? What program have you chosen?
Hey, just finally started it. Was out of town on a training for the past two weeks.
So from one day of the post season strength program and digging into the videos.
I’m pretty excited and impressed by all the work and programming they have done.
I’m gonna do the first six weeks of the post season strength the dive into the spring program in March to get in line with their programming

BenchToField

Lil-Rokslider
Hey, just finally started it. Was out of town on a training for the past two weeks.
So from one day of the post season strength program and digging into the videos.
I’m pretty excited and impressed by all the work and programming they have done.
I’m gonna do the first six weeks of the post season strength the dive into the spring program in March to get in line with their programming
Right on man, well keep up the good work. Let us know your overall thoughts of the program.

Yooper

WKR
Been interested in some of the MTN Tough programs in the past but never pulled the trigger. I recall buying certain programs in the past and having access to them forever after that. Is it now a subscription based service with access to all programs?

BenchToField

Lil-Rokslider
Been interested in some of the MTN Tough programs in the past but never pulled the trigger. I recall buying certain programs in the past and having access to them forever after that. Is it now a subscription based service with access to all programs?
Yes. I started a post about this. Link: https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/mnttough-subscription-only-now.246043/ . There's still a way to buy programs for the long term last time I checked. Not sure how much longer that will be available.

OP
FireNelk

FireNelk

FNG
Just finished the first week of the post season strength. Loving the structure of it. Getting back to form over speed and or weight. Is a good place for everyone to do every now and again.

OP
FireNelk

FireNelk

FNG
still liking the mnt tough program/app? thinking about purchasing it, but still hesitant to spend that much on it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yes I am loving it.
I get it it may seem like a lot. But once you compare it to prices of gyms that offer these style of programming it’s much cheaper. Most CrossFit gyms are anywhere from 100-150 a month.
I’ve worked as a personal trainer before and the programming is the toughest part to create a great workout program to meet needs.
MTN Tough has something for everyone and the way they have split it up for pre, during and post season is awesome and how it should be as we get ready to hit the woods.

Truaxdw

Lil-Rokslider
I used to do CrossFit, I switched to mountain tough program, It’s probably mental but I like the idea of training specifically for hunting

Mikido

WKR
I purchased the 45-70 on a Black Friday special and have been enjoying it. Enjoy using the app, however there’s lots of typos in the comments you have to work through. I’m a generally in shape guy year round, howvever for hunting elk I need to train, and this gives me the structure and ease of use I need. Would recommend.

Yooper

WKR
Finishing up the last day of KB20 today. All in all it's been a great program for me. It made me do the exercises I don't enjoy doing so therefore I needed work on them anyway. I enjoyed the format of the guided videos and having a younger group of athletes to pace myself to probably kept me more honest than if I was doing it just on my own. I'm 43 years old so I'm definitely not in my "prime" but I definitely found performance gains through the program. I'll likely take a week off to deload a bit and then planning on jumping into the 47-70 pack program next and then preseason prep after. Hit me up if you have any questions on the KB20 program.