Switching to MTN Tough

OP
FireNelk

FireNelk

FNG
Well now I am onto the spring training program. Had to cut the post season training short to try and get in line with the programming. Anyway. Loving these workouts not only are they challenging physically but they challenge you mentally as well on the real grinders.
Really excited to see how I go into both fire season and hunting season this year.
And if you guys are doing these. Do the mobility I have noticed a huge difference by making sure to do them as they suggest or even more on most weeks. It’s easy to fallow

BDRam16

WKR
Well now I am onto the spring training program. Had to cut the post season training short to try and get in line with the programming. Anyway. Loving these workouts not only are they challenging physically but they challenge you mentally as well on the real grinders.
Really excited to see how I go into both fire season and hunting season this year.
And if you guys are doing these. Do the mobility I have noticed a huge difference by making sure to do them as they suggest or even more on most weeks. It’s easy to fallow
I’m not a wildland guy, but I am a union firefighter. I’m on week 4 of the 30-30 program. Definitely a great program so far. I thrive on structure and routine so having a strict plan to follow everyday keeps me so much more dedicated to something.

OP
FireNelk

FireNelk

FNG
I’m not a wildland guy, but I am a union firefighter. I’m on week 4 of the 30-30 program. Definitely a great program so far. I thrive on structure and routine so having a strict plan to follow everyday keeps me so much more dedicated to something.
Hello Brother. I’m glad to hear your enjoying the program. Where are you a FF at?
Keep the hard work and stay safe out there

BDRam16

WKR
Hello Brother. I’m glad to hear your enjoying the program. Where are you a FF at?
Keep the hard work and stay safe out there
NW IN just outside of Chicago. My department actually borders Gary, IN if you’ve ever heard of that. It’s pretty notoriously ghetto lol. And thanks man, I am wrapping up week 4 right now and I’m excited to move into one of the weight training programs next.

arock

Lil-Rokslider
NW IN just outside of Chicago. My department actually borders Gary, IN if you’ve ever heard of that. It’s pretty notoriously ghetto lol. And thanks man, I am wrapping up week 4 right now and I’m excited to move into one of the weight training programs next.
The Cabelas in Hammond is nice (well was anyway - haven't been out there since they were acquired by BPS)

I worked in Chicago Heights for a few years so fairly familiar with that area.

BDRam16

WKR
The Cabelas in Hammond is nice (well was anyway - haven't been out there since they were acquired by BPS)

I worked in Chicago Heights for a few years so fairly familiar with that area.
I went to MCHS in “da heights.” Small world lol

WPFY543

FNG
I'm a big fan of the MTN Tough workouts as well. I'm partway through KB20 and really like the updated format with the full video to follow along like a live class - much easier to stay motivated and not to cheat. I did their pack workout previously and it was solid. I have tried a few other workouts from competitors but generally like MTN Toughs format and new app a little better. It isn't perfect, but I hope they put out more workouts in the same video format as KB20. The membership model seems worth it for me but to each their own. I travel a lot for work and like that there is always something for me to do on the road with limited equipment.

ncstewart

WKR
Well I jumped into it also. 30-30 for me and wow I realized I’m out of shape. Just finishing week one but it hurt me bad! Really enjoyed the nutrition videos also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bringing this thread back up. Those of you that started it, are you still doing it? Enjoying it? I got a discount and am thinking about starting it.

wingmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Just subscribed thanks to the 40% deal. The In-Season Training is beating me up. It is pretty nice to have the workout prepared for me. Though it seems like their online community is on Facebook, not ideal for those of us who aren't on that platform.

Gerald.g6

FNG
Guys that have done the 45-70. What is your experience? I done one round of KB20 and HP20. Both were great. I feel I’ve heard the 45-70 is HP20 on steroids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Elite

WKR
Yes I am loving it.
I get it it may seem like a lot. But once you compare it to prices of gyms that offer these style of programming it’s much cheaper. Most CrossFit gyms are anywhere from 100-150 a month.
I’ve worked as a personal trainer before and the programming is the toughest part to create a great workout program to meet needs.
MTN Tough has something for everyone and the way they have split it up for pre, during and post season is awesome and how it should be as we get ready to hit the woods.
Is it mostly gym equipment work outs?

Gerald.g6

FNG
I’m doing the 45-70 workout right now. It’s tough. No doubt about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro