switching up arrows

hunterman_78

Lil-Rokslider
I am going to be moving on from my fmj arrows at the end of the season. was thinking of getting some black eagle zombie slayers. any one shot these before? I've shot the carnivores before and really liked the however they were on the light side. id like to have a finished arrow weight of 450+

I shoot the Black Eagle Spartans and they come in at about 440gr in a completed arrow. They shoot well for me.

OP
H

hunterman_78

Lil-Rokslider
29 inch draw. Thinking 300 spine currently shooting 125 grains up front but willing to change to whatever’s needed

tunafed

FNG
I'm shooting the BE rampage 300's at 28.5 carbon to carbon, 125 gr head, 80 gr ethics archery half out, g nock uni bushing, beiter nock and 4 fletch Q2i fusion x-ii 2.1 vanes. They weigh 495'ish total, and fly really well for me (29.5 dl at 70 lbs). Could easily play with the insert to get the weight you want.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You should be able to get them rite around that if you use a wrap and 4 fletch them. Depending on your comfort level for overall arrow length you might want to look at the Spartans. You don't have to mess with outserts on them and the option of a 250 spine you can really plat with that "+". I use them in a 300 spine with 125gr points, wrapped and 4 fletched with 3" Fusion X-II and I've been very pleased with them with an arrow weight just over 450gr.

Zac

WKR
I'd definitely use an arrow that utilizes the FOCUS system if I was going to use BE. Don't know anything about the Zombies but I'm pretty sure the Rampage, Spartan and the Deep Impact are much better options.

LukasHB

FNG
I am going to be moving on from my fmj arrows at the end of the season. was thinking of getting some black eagle zombie slayers. any one shot these before? I've shot the carnivores before and really liked the however they were on the light side. id like to have a finished arrow weight of 450+

350 spine black eagle deep impacts with the outserts that they come with (15 grains I believe) cut to 28.5” and 125 grain head puts you about 470 grains total and is a super stout arrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt3479

FNG
What’s the reason for moving on from the fmj’s? I’m looking for a new arrow as well and was thinking carbon express maxum hunter