Switching up broadheads I think....Suggestions?

ewade07

WKR
Hey guys,

So I'm thinking about switching up broadheads for this coming year. I am currently shooting some Muzzy MX-3 125 gr out of an 80 lb Elite Impulse 34. About the only reason I am switching it up is because i can't seem to find these damn broadheads anywhere! If you have any let me know! But, I want to stick with a fixed blade broadhead, 125 gr, thaht doesnt break the bank to buy. Any suggestions?

N2TRKYS

WKR
I've only used Thunderhead 100s, but couldn't imagine that the 125s wouldn't be just as awesome.

Slick trick magnums
Have been solid for Me. I believe they come in #125

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Felix40

WKR
You would like muzzy trocars. I shoot them out of a similar setup. They fly great, are sharp, shoot through elk shoulder blades, and are pretty dang cheap ($20 for 3)

Was a slick trick shooter for years but after being so impressed with their bullhead turkey broadheads, I decided to give Magnus Stinger Buzzcuts (4 blade) a try and I've been super happy with them. They are noticeably quieter in flight than the slick tricks I was shooting.

Buddy of mine shoots the Black Hornets and likes them quite a bit, but says they whistle a little in flight.

WJS23

WKR
Iron wills on QAD. I like the iron will a lot and they are a good company to deal with but they are $$$$. Before that I shot the QAD and really liked those

87TT

WKR
The MX3's flew good for me but I thought the thickness of the blades a little thin for elk. I tried Slick tricks (magnum, standard , and grizzly) and the flew only ok but not quite with the FPs. I tried QAD Exodus and really wanted to like them but they would not fly with my FPs. I tried some G5 strikers, no luck. Then I went to Kudupoints and they flew right with my FPs out passed 80. They were like darts. Did the cold bow challenge last year and had never shot them prior to starting the challenge. Shot it at 60 yards.

Fullfan

WKR
I have been shooting Slick Tricks for years with good results. And for no reason at all I started looking and shooting the Magnus Black Hornets. Very tough head and reasonable prices at 30.00 for 3. The heads fly just as good if not better than the ST's

Hunt the Top

Lil-Rokslider
Day six evo’s are worth considering. They are a little more expensive, but still manageable. One of the best all around broadheads, in my opinion.

Not really sure what to say honestly. It’s kind of a trial and error. The truth is no matter what anyone says they all kill the same. They are not all necessarily the same in how easily they tune up. I use game tracker two blade (forget the model name) heads that are 20 dollars for three and they fly great and kill em dead.

lemmerjj

FNG
Does anybody have any experience with Cutthroat, trophy taker shuttle t locs a-tacs, or the wasp havalons?

pk_

WKR
Does anybody have any experience with Cutthroat, trophy taker shuttle t locs a-tacs, or the wasp havalons?
Cutthroats are very solid head but I got away from them because they don’t have bleeder blades and I personally can’t get the single bevel as sharp as a double bevel even with a dedicated sharpening tool. I still usually have one in my quiver it just isn’t a go to head for me.

I like the magnus stinger buzzcuts, slick trick mags, QAD exodus, Strickland helix, kudu points. Really liked the magnus and their warranty