Switching up broadheads I think....Suggestions?

Ucsdryder

WKR
If I was going to start over id buy cutthroats. I’d also look at the iron will xl if money wasn’t an issue. Best bang for your buck, Magnus buzzcuts.

406unltd

WKR
I’ve only ever hunted with two different broadheads. The first was the slick trick standard. I shot that head for years. Shot in 100 a couple years, then in 125 as I started learning about better setups. They always shot good for me for the most part and if I was forced to use them again I wouldn’t flinch. For the last year I have been shooting the Valkyrie system with centerpin. It’s the only thing I will shoot now unless something clearly superior shows up. I love the fact that they are extremely sharp and I resharpen them easily myself, they are durable, and accurate. As an elk hunter like most of you I truly believe it’s the best. I shot 7 broadhead shots yesterday morning, no warm up and I hadn’t shot broadheads since last September.8F4B3423-96AC-438D-94B7-00D157DB4469.jpeg

Ironwill has been terrific for me. I’m running s100 and now the wide cut. Have yet to take game with the wide but I’m sure they’ll do really well if they’re similar to the s100.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I find the CT's pretty easy to sharpen personally. I go through my stones up to a 2000 grit polishing tape then hit them on the strop...shaving sharp within about 5 minutes. I personally don't think you can go wrong with them for the money. I really want to try valkryie, IW, and Day6 but I just can't justify it when the CT's are 10 bucks each. I get good blood trails with them as well so haven't found the lack of a bleeder to be an issue and they will hammer through just about any bone you can throw at them.
Cutthroats are nowhere close to $10 each anymore. They're over $20 each after the price increase. I've killed a bull with one, but don't use them anymore. Very poor blood trail and I like single bevel heads.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ChrisWash

FNG
I really like the wasp drone, magnus black hornet, and the qad exodus. All are great shooting heads.

Scrappy

WKR
Was a slick trick shooter for years but after being so impressed with their bullhead turkey broadheads, I decided to give Magnus Stinger Buzzcuts (4 blade) a try and I've been super happy with them. They are noticeably quieter in flight than the slick tricks I was shooting.

Buddy of mine shoots the Black Hornets and likes them quite a bit, but says they whistle a little in flight.
X2 on the buzzcuts, they just flat out fly perfect no matter what I shoot them out of.

bsnedeker

WKR
Cutthroats are nowhere close to $10 each anymore. They're over $20 each after the price increase. I've killed a bull with one, but don't use them anymore. Very poor blood trail and I like single bevel heads.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Wow, thanks for the heads up...I bought a dozen from them a few years ago when they were way cheaper... makes you wonder why the price went up?

Maybe I'll try out dinner iron wills next time I need some since the price point is closer now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

PA Archer

FNG
For the guys that are using the Magnus Black Hornets, are you using the 2 or 4 blades or what do you prefer?

MattB

WKR
I am looking at the Grim Reaper Micro Hades head. Does anyone have experience with the edge retention? A few folks I respect really like this head, but their commentary on edge retention has ben minimal as their arrows usually end up passing through and not being recovered.

For the guys that are using the Magnus Black Hornets, are you using the 2 or 4 blades or what do you prefer?
Probably depends on set up. I will be getting some but haven’t decided what to get yet because I shoot both compound and traditional. Compound I would go 4 blade all day. If light poundage and lighter arrow with compound you may need to go 2 blade. With my recurve I’m shooting 170 FOS with a ~540gr arrow out of a 47lb ILF recurve. magnus said to probably stick with two blade but I really want to use it for both rigs lol.

Lytro

WKR
Has anyone on here shot both Iron Will's and Kudu's? If so, how were your blood trails between the two?

Stalker69

WKR
There are so many, and each has a following. Exodus are hard to beat, slick tricks, wasp, vpa, I still buy packs of heads when I see new ones that interest me released. Truly buy a few ( as many as you can) and try them, shoot them into 3-d targets buckets of sand, plastic barrels, what ever and see what one ( s) catch your fancy and go with it. Your confidence in the head you use is what matters.