Switching up broadheads I think....Suggestions?

kylem

Lil-Rokslider
I've killed 2 elk the last 2 years with kudu points and have been pretty happy with them. Not the best blood trails, but they shoot well and neither animal went far.

I've killed 2 elk the last 2 years with kudu points and have been pretty happy with them. Not the best blood trails, but they shoot well and neither animal went far.

That’s exactly what I found. Blood wasn’t that good even on a full pass through whitetail doe, but she didn’t go far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kylem

Lil-Rokslider
That’s exactly what I found. Blood wasn’t that good even on a full pass through whitetail doe, but she didn’t go far

Because they didn't go far I'll probably keep using them for a while, but it definitely has me thinking about looking at other options.

Because they didn't go far I'll probably keep using them for a while, but it definitely has me thinking about looking at other options.

I really think it’s just the smaller hole than I’m used too. Cut her up really good inside. Just used to giant mechanicals I guess!

Expensive but daaaaang do they hammer elk.

Valkyrie Jagger 200g

9c6f6b6c35cea35fdcd345545463327c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cutthroats and vpa 3 blades both shoot great for me. Impact the same out to about 50 then slight difference.

HDwild

WKR
Hey guys,

So I'm thinking about switching up broadheads for this coming year. I am currently shooting some Muzzy MX-3 125 gr out of an 80 lb Elite Impulse 34. About the only reason I am switching it up is because i can't seem to find these damn broadheads anywhere! If you have any let me know! But, I want to stick with a fixed blade broadhead, 125 gr, thaht doesnt break the bank to buy. Any suggestions?

Kudupoints. Check them out, they won't disappoint. I shot all 3 of mine into the dirt and rocks and none of them have lost edge at all. They also required minimal tuning and adjustment when switching from field points

bsnedeker

WKR
Cutthroats are very solid head but I got away from them because they don’t have bleeder blades and I personally can’t get the single bevel as sharp as a double bevel even with a dedicated sharpening tool. I still usually have one in my quiver it just isn’t a go to head for me.

I find the CT's pretty easy to sharpen personally. I go through my stones up to a 2000 grit polishing tape then hit them on the strop...shaving sharp within about 5 minutes. I personally don't think you can go wrong with them for the money. I really want to try valkryie, IW, and Day6 but I just can't justify it when the CT's are 10 bucks each. I get good blood trails with them as well so haven't found the lack of a bleeder to be an issue and they will hammer through just about any bone you can throw at them.

pk_

WKR
I find the CT's pretty easy to sharpen personally. I go through my stones up to a 2000 grit polishing tape then hit them on the strop...shaving sharp within about 5 minutes. I personally don't think you can go wrong with them for the money. I really want to try valkryie, IW, and Day6 but I just can't justify it when the CT's are 10 bucks each. I get good blood trails with them as well so haven't found the lack of a bleeder to be an issue and they will hammer through just about any bone you can throw at them.
Yea it would probably help a whole bunch if I was better at resharpening in general. 😂

I should have said I am admittedly not great at resharpening, but i am usually able to get my double bevel heads very sharp(depending on blade quality and condition). But I struggle to get the single bevels as sharp as I would like. I will put some more work into it before this fall. Because I do agree that a very sharp head is more important than the bleeders in order to get good blood.

gaarchery

FNG
Hey guys,

So I'm thinking about switching up broadheads for this coming year. I am currently shooting some Muzzy MX-3 125 gr out of an 80 lb Elite Impulse 34. About the only reason I am switching it up is because i can't seem to find these damn broadheads anywhere! If you have any let me know! But, I want to stick with a fixed blade broadhead, 125 gr, thaht doesnt break the bank to buy. Any suggestions?
QAD Exodus has worked for me for a long while now!

Qad exodus, slick trick magnum or standard, Magnus stinger or black hornet, vpa 3 blade.

These right there. Haven’t shot them all but know people who have and there are plenty of good reviews out there for all of them. I plan to get some black hornets for this year, I guess I prefer them over the Stinger since they are a little more compact.