Switching up practice routines

ledflight

WKR

Wrench

WKR
If you look at the upside down arrow in my quiver, it has a VAP small game head. These are everything a judo is except you'll loose it before you break it. They are also available in hunting weights.

I run a foot made from a arrow shaft. I have blown a dozen nocks up and not busted a shaft since I did this. I had to wrap the nock end with serving and set with glue about 25 days into my hunt after the nock end split when I thought I was shooting a log and it was a solid rock. Screenshot_20220226-071610_Gallery.jpg

ScottinPA

WKR
Right now with the snow and cold, I shoot 10yds in my pole barn. Usually a dozen or so then break out a scaled 300 rd target and shoot it. Mostly working on form/tune/strength/etc. Once the weather breaks, I'll shoot some groups early on to relearn the trajectory then chase tennis balls in the yard and stump shooting. I like to incorporate stumping with scouting.

OP
S
I went through a little slump a while back, that I really believe was a mild case of target panic. It's like I couldn't hold at full draw long enough to aim. As soon as I got it back I'd just let the arrow fly. I've also started forcing myself while I'm shooting to mix in a few where I draw, anchor, aim, and then just let down. Sometimes I do it 3-4 times in a row, and if the weather is bad I may do it 20 times in a row in the living room and just not even shoot that day.

oldgoat

WKR
What is stump shooting? Is it literally shooting at stumps? I’ve done that and lost field points/inserts and broken arrows.
I almost never shoot at actual stumps here in Colorado, especially not with broadheads!!! Mole hills, flower heads, weed stalks etc. Just pick something where your arrow isn't likely to bury under the debris on the forest floor. Sandy River banks are awesome!

LostArra

WKR
No groups for me other than some tuning.
Single arrow shots.
Let down every 4th or 5th shot. Occasional spots indoors but usually 3d outdoors.
I've got a number of old 3D targets in the woods behind my house.
I practice from the ground until I get back from elk hunting then only from treestand where I have 5 targets at varying distances. One arrow per target. If I'm alone I may only shoot one round.

I find that when I walk my "course" I end up shooting from the same spots all the time so I've started letting the granddaughter pick the spot. She seems to enjoy seeing me complain.