Synthetic fill bag recommendations

Wondering if anyone could recommend a good synthetic fill bag been using a Montbell but figured out i have a down allergy and after a couple days sleeping in it gets to where i cant breath. Looking for a bag that would be of similar quality as the Montbell as I am a cold sleeper. Two big issues are warmth and weight. Tried a High End mountain Hardware but it did not make the grade, have not kept up with new gear so what is out there?

FLS

WKR
Wiggys. Bombproof, affordable, but a lot bulkier and heavier than down.

Phaseolus

WKR
Wiggy’s are bomb proof (unless there is a warranty issue) and affordable but are not backpacking bags because they are big and heavy. The hood arrangement is clunky. I had a warranty issue with my bag and took it to the shop where it was made here in Grand Junction. Jerry Wigutow wouldn’t stand behind his product. When I bought the bag from him face to face he told me he would fix any problem I ever had with the bag, not true. The issue was two spots where the lamilite insulation did not exist in the bag and were cold spots.

I just replaced my marmot trussle 15 with a kifaru slick bag in reg wide. I’m 6’ 235# and so far I couldn’t be happier with it. It compresses better, lighter and more than enough room. And American made. Haven’t had it in the cold yet but so far I love it.

Akshphntr

FNG
My wiggies are the most comfortable bag on the planet but very bulky. Down is warmer and lighter but not as comfy and expensive. My other synthetics are cold. i use wiggies near road and down on backpack hunt.

Beendare

WKR
My take; With Syn insulation....bag construction isn't as critical.

And a Sierra Designs Syn bag did save my bacon on a hunt years ago, I backpacked in to the Weiminuche- about 10,700', ...it snowed for 4 straight days- a white out for 2....during archery season. A mouse chewed through my Bivy and melting snow leaked in and soaked 30% of my bag and pad.

No problemo once I got in there and warmed it up a bit.

I don't think you have to spend a fortune on a Syn bag....where you really do have to spend the dough on a down bag........ look at REI and those SD bags.

BorisZ

FNG
Сumulus Progressif or Cumulus Intense / made in Poland, Climashield Apex (у)

Сumulus Progressif or Cumulus Intense / made in Poland, Climashield Apex (у)

These look very interesting, hadn't heard of them prior. The temp ratings seem very conservative. If my conversions are correct, the warmer bag uses roughly 10 oz apex (on top) and 1 oz (guessing 20d?) pertex shell and is only rated as a -5c bag (23 degrees fahrenheit). For comparison, I believe kifaru uses 2 layers of 3.6 apex with a 30d shell in their 20 degree slick bags and my custom nunatak bag which i'd classify as a 20 degree bag is 7.5 ounce apex with a 10d ripstop shell.

BorisZ

FNG
я have Progressif -21 -5 +1C (made to order - changed the fabric collor) , slept a tent at -4 -6 C (25-21F) , snow, high humidity - it was warm, dry and comfortable...

Going to test out a Mountain Hardware Lamina 15F for my next trip mid Sept.

I looked at purchasing a custom quilt from a few companies and I couldn’t stomach the cost with the exchange rate being north of the border. I’ll try the sleeping bag out at half the cost.

Jakelf13

FNG
When I worked in the industry the Mountain Hardwear Lamina was the go to for synthetic. I can attest the their dependability, as they were used and abused through NOLS

Clarktar

WKR
These look very interesting, hadn't heard of them prior. The temp ratings seem very conservative. If my conversions are correct, the warmer bag uses roughly 10 oz apex (on top) and 1 oz (guessing 20d?) pertex shell and is only rated as a -5c bag (23 degrees fahrenheit). For comparison, I believe kifaru uses 2 layers of 3.6 apex with a 30d shell in their 20 degree slick bags and my custom nunatak bag which i'd classify as a 20 degree bag is 7.5 ounce apex with a 10d ripstop shell.
And about 3 lbs.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Clovis

Lil-Rokslider
My son has a Mountain Hardwear Lamina that he has used hard for a four years--it has served him well but has lost a lot of loft despite being stored uncompressed. It wasn't expensive and he has close to 100 nights in it so not knocking it on the loft, just another factor to consider.

I have a Kifaru slick bag 20 deg long/wide. I just used it in some high 30-ish degree temps at night in a tipi with a X-therm pad. Even with just my regular Underwear (not thermals) it was too hot for me. I had to unzip it, turn it over, and use it like a quilt. I should have just got a regular/wide as I don’t need the long, but I got it just in case I ever need to stuff damp clothes in the bottom of the foot box to dry out. I can’t imagine having base layers on and being zipped up in this thing. It’d be like a sauna.

Jxferg7

Lil-Rokslider
Kifaru Slick.
It once might have saved my life.
Like from being in inclement weather? I’m trying to debate a 0 degree slick at vs either Marmot lithium or WM bag but hunting in wet conditions and various temps all year round i am cautious to go down and am really leaning towards a slickbag

Hard to beat the Kifaru Slick bag! I've been using the same one on nearly every hunt for the past 8 years and it's been fantastic.

Read1t48

WKR
Like from being in inclement weather? I’m trying to debate a 0 degree slick at vs either Marmot lithium or WM bag but hunting in wet conditions and various temps all year round i am cautious to go down and am really leaning towards a slickbag
Yes... an unexpected storm came in. Started snowing. I was way up on the mountain. No rain gear. Only place to camp was on a knife ridge. Climbed into my slick bag completely wet. Most of the clothes I wore. Some were put underneath my pad. My tipi blew off the mountain on the middle of the night. Literally. In the morning, my clothes were almost completely dry. The slick bag pushed water out of the bag and dried things out. It was a rare time that I was glad I had synthetic insulation and not down. Believe me... nobody cares about an extra pound or more bulk when SHTF. The Kifaru slick is a legit piece of gear. Barklow’s rewarming video, mountain knowledge, and the Slick very likely kept me from severe hypothermia or worse.