Synthetic game bags??

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Caribou game bags were legit and helped pack out deer and elk for me for a few years. Then Argali bags came out and they made me feel like I was carrying around bricks in my pack, they are that much lighter and so far so good as far as durability.

I have kuiu, black ovis, viam outdoors, and caribou game bags. the caribou game bags are my favorite of the ones I have had and used. the kuiu bags are nice too, but I prefer caribou.

have heard TAG bags are nice too, I may buy some of them to try next. no reason for me to look past Caribou, but I like trying new stuff.

What do you like better about the caribou vs viam? I have a set of the viam and I like them, but have never handled a set of caribous.

I have a couple tag bags as well, and I prefer the material of them, but I didn't like their size offerings quite as much as the viams.

What do you like better about the caribou vs viam? I have a set of the viam and I like them, but have never handled a set of caribous.

I have a couple tag bags as well, and I prefer the material of them, but I didn't like their size offerings quite as much as the viams.
they just seem like the perfect match of weight and durability. they hold up really well, clean easy, and have just been user friendly to me.

i'm mostly day hunting, so not trying to cut every ounce I can. the viams are great, and have impressed me with how good they have held up being so light.

I think one thing about caribou is just the length of time I have used them, which has gained my confidence. they are similar to black ovis, but hold up better for me.... the viams are earning their salt too.... in a couple years I may prefer viams if they keep lasting

am i the only one, who does not think the synthetics breathe as well as the cotton?
you may be right, I don't know how that could be tested, but I have found synthetic bags to dry the exterior of the quarters better than cotton... at least here on the coast in our humidity. cotton bags (unless loose enough weave for blow flies to get through) seemed to always keep that outer layer soggy.... synthetic seems to wick moisture better on the quarters.

I remember years ago using those cheap game bags that did nothing to protect the meat from dirt and blow flies. the last cotton ones I used (which were an upgrade from the really cheap individually packed ones)were the Alaska game bags. better than nothing, but not as good as any of the synthetic bags.

curious to see the ones Born And Raised are building. I will probably get at least a couple of their ham bags to try.... I still am hesitant to trust a zipper on a game bag, but I like their concept

Im also interested in the bags Born and Raised Outdoors are coming out with. However, I am concerned the zipper will make them heavier than I want to pack around all season. Guess I will just have to shoot something early in the season. LOL

I found some cheap ones at walmart. Forget the brand. Maybe primos or something. Its the only synthetic bags i have used. Is.it normal the meat to stick to.the bags once a little dried? Or is that because i had cheap bags?