Synthetic game bags??

P Y Buck

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have experience with synthetic game bags? I have heard that the Kuiu bags are great, but they seem pricey as well. Anyone have experience with the Kuiu bags?

Has anyone tried any other brands of synthetic game bags.

Bl704

WKR
A friend had the Kuiu zipper bags a couple years ago... Worked fine. I was skeptical of the zipper, but no problems.

I have tag B.O.M.B bags that did equally well.

After, just launder the bags...

Forest

WKR
I got the black ovis this year and was very pleased with them. They come across camofire now and then. Caribou game bags are also great. Kuiu probably a good option but spendy, kinda doubt they are worth the extra $$

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

My black ovis bags have packed out 4 elk and a dozen deer and are still in great shape. Only downside is they are a little heavy

I have kuiu, black ovis, viam outdoors, and caribou game bags. the caribou game bags are my favorite of the ones I have had and used. the kuiu bags are nice too, but I prefer caribou.

have heard TAG bags are nice too, I may buy some of them to try next. no reason for me to look past Caribou, but I like trying new stuff.

OP
P Y Buck

P Y Buck

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks all for the info.
I typically am a pack back hunter so weight will be a major concern when selecting game bags.
Any comments on the weight of the various synthetic bags would be appreciated.

fmyth

WKR
I used the Kuiu bags this year to pack out my elk. No problems and they look new after washing them.

WTFJohn

WKR
I switched to Argali MOB bags last year and couldn't really be happier unless they were free. Three elk, a deer, a bear, and an antelope all came out on my back in those bags this year; no stains, rips, or odors after a good rinse & wash.

Thanks all for the info.
I typically am a pack back hunter so weight will be a major concern when selecting game bags.
Any comments on the weight of the various synthetic bags would be appreciated.
the viam outdoors ultralight hunter bag sets are substantially lighter than any others I have

the guide set is 17.1oz for 6 bags, and that will be plenty of room if you have wrestle quarters in bags by yourself

4-26"x45"
1-16"x33"
1-16"x22"

I hate bags that are marginally too small, because i'm usually doing it solo, and it makes it tough. when I first got the viam bags, they were so light I thought they wouldn't last, but so far I have got 2 seasons out of them, and had a bunch of animals in them, and they have surprised me so far.... they seem totally fine, which is pretty impressive considering how light they are. they are quite a bit lighter than my caribou or black ovis bags. the kuiu bags are pretty light, but the viams are lighter for sure... and cheaper

you could easily get by with new hunter set as well at 14.6oz, but the 4 main quarter bags are 24"x38", other 2 are the same as the guide set. i hunt roosies, so i like big bags, it's a worthwhile extra couple ounces to me

I've used Caribou game bags for a few years now and hauled a few animals with them. I like their durability and they clean up well.

Any of the major synthetic bags are going to be just fine. I have heard very few negatives of any of the leading companies. They all tend to come in right around the same weight as well. I put my bags directly in my kill kit, as opposed to the mesh baggy that they come in. Saves a little weight to get rid of the extra crap that comes with a lot of the full kit purchases.

pirogue

WKR
Another user of TAG. The dude replaced some defective bags a few years ago, even if the bags were a couple years old.

tdot

WKR
I currently have the Argali and TAG bags, like them both. I've looked at a few others and come to the conclusion that they are all very similar in weight for a given volume. Most of the lightweight ones that I've seen are simply smaller.