Synthetic Insulated Jacket recommendations

Currently have the Kuiu ultra down (the light weight version) but looking to get a synthetic jacket that breathes better while also being warm for active hunts. Also looking for it to be a somewhat quiet outer fabric for bow hunting

Right now I’m considering Sitka kelvin lite and Kuiu Kenai

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my Kelvin Lite hoody but youre limited on what you can layer underneath. The wrist cuffs are pretty tight.

j33

WKR
I ordered the Kutana Hybrid as it’s 40% off and seems comparable to Kelvin active, looks to be a little less insulation though but a good price to try. Something I may switch between with my Peloton 240 or layer on top.

Kotaman

WKR
Sitka Kelvin Lite
Kifaru LPP (this one is pretty warm for active wear)
First Lite Uncompagre

I’ve used all three of these snow shoeing in the winter and they work great.

OP
T
What’s everyone’s thoughts on UNCOMPAHGRE 2.0? Durability?

OP
T
I ordered the Kutana Hybrid as it’s 40% off and seems comparable to Kelvin active, looks to be a little less insulation though but a good price to try. Something I may switch between with my Peloton 240 or layer on top.

If they had camo available at that price I’d buy it

Sacpd70

FNG
I’ve found my KUIU items keep me warmer than my Sitka. Bad part of KUIU is it runs a bit small.

406unltd

WKR
Kelvin lite hoody is good. If you are more cold natured then I’d definitely say the Kifaru LPP.

If you're only using 1-2 thin layers under the Kelvin light, size up. I went to Scheels yesterday to size fit, and wearing a longsleeve, timberline jacket, I could get a large over and zipped and it was snug. If I had a fanatic hoodie or core hvywt hoodie and timberline, it may be a bit too small.

I don't have experience with other puffy jackets for comparison but I have had the Kuiu Kenai hoody for a few years now and really like it. Keeps me warm, cuts the wind, and is reasonably water resistant. Has pit zips to help vent if I start getting too warm which is a plus for me. I also have the Chugach rain jacket that I throw over it when it gets really windy and/ or wet and the two seem to work together well. Has been quiet enough for me bowhunting in the treestand and jacket does not get in the way of my string. I have a size large and run a few layers of merino under it and I'm happy with the fit, probably would have been ok with an XL though. Wish I had bought the Kenai pants before they discontinued them but I heard Kuiu might bring them back.