Synthetics base layers ???

T3clay

Lil-Rokslider
All, I have a set of Merino, but now I'm looking for a set of synthetics, specifically Kuiu Peloton synthetics.

Kuiu claims these are antimicrobial, and will not stink atleast for a couple days.

Anyone have experience with the Peloton or other synthetics, and have you had sucess wearing them for a few days without stinking?

Thanks

*zap*

WKR
I wear Sekri pcu level 1 t shirt and long bottoms all summer working hard outside in Kansas. Hang dry after work and wear again….repeat for 4-5 days. No bad odor. Mine have 3% silver fiber in them and they make boxers, t shirt, 1/3 zip top and long bottoms.
After work they are usually soaked from 90+ temps all day. I wear they as next to skin layers in cold weather also. My costs have been around $20 per piece shipped and I have 5 full sets of all 4 pieces plus some extra bottoms and 1/3 zips. These base layers have performed in all temps for me flawlessly.

ianpadron

WKR
I've run the Peloton 200 and 240 for weeklong hunts on several occasions and noticed no difference compared to my merino. Pretty effective at mitigating odors and about 1000x faster drying.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

snowplow

WKR
I've run the Peloton 200 and 240 for weeklong hunts on several occasions and noticed no difference compared to my merino. Pretty effective at mitigating odors and about 1000x faster drying.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
This is my experience.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

OP
T

T3clay

Lil-Rokslider
You made up my mind....going with Peloton!

Thanks guys

snowplow

WKR
The peloton zip off bottoms are a total game changer! And since they're a little bit higher they don't end up tucked in your boots when you want to change. And regardless of your foot situation they don't get wet when your feet do.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

OP
T

T3clay

Lil-Rokslider
I dont see the Peloton 200 zip offs on their website, I hope they didn't discontjnue them

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Peloton LS and after a couple days of hard hiking it stinks bad. I will say, Sitka stinks faster and worse than Kuiu but it still stinks. I am now switching to only light weight merino base layers for this reason. Ive been running the synthetic only for a couple years and just added a merino this season and it made a huge difference.

OP
T

T3clay

Lil-Rokslider
What's everyone's favorite other then the Peloton, Kuiu discontinued them....

Hathcock

FNG
I dont see the Peloton 200 zip offs on their website, I hope they didn't discontjnue them
A year or two ago I asked them when they would be getting more of the 200 bottoms and they said they were discontinued. Then this summer they showed up again and sold out pretty fast. I expect they will be back again next year.

IdahoElk

WKR
What's everyone's favorite other then the Peloton, Kuiu discontinued them....

ebubedike

FNG
I use lightweight merino from Patagonia as base layer then I have UA cold gear that goes on top of that. Seems to work well. The key is moisture wicking base layer then a mid layer that wicks moisture but also has a loft to it meaning fleecy, fuzzy or air pockets. Most manufacturers have options. I hear the mid and heavy weight sitka layers are real nice. I prefer my mountaineering and backpacking company stuff like Patagonia or smart wool.