T booster at 65+?

*zap*

WKR
Anyone have experience with this at that age? Any worthwhile results?

Quick research shows me a local place wants $350 for the tests and then if I did shots at home it would be around $35 per week. I need to research supplemental programs that might cover some of that. Anyone have part B cover the tests?

Thanks in advance.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Reach out to Dr. Hillary Lampers of Elevate Health in Bozeman, MT. She’s a fantastic doc.

Invest in the tests. You don’t want to mess around with pinning TRT in your kitchen until you know your levels.

Specifically:

Cholesterol
Blood Pressure
Inflammatory markers
Thyroid hormone (no need to do the expensive one, TSH and T4 are enough)
Free testosterone
Estrogen

Do you smoke?
Do you drink?
Do you sleep 8hr/ night?
Are you lifting weights and doing cardio?
Are you fat? Like over 13%bf?

Get these data points and then you can start to have a real conversation about exogenous stuff. The needle won’t fix a testosterone profile that is lagging If all your other lifestyle factors are to blame.

If you’re thinking that testosterone is to blame for tiredness, bad mood, low sex drive, etc, look to the free solutions first. A good doctor will tell you the same thing.

If you don’t want to do a $400 panel, wellnessFX offers an easy DIY for the basics that’s less than $100. All the results available in an online dashboard. Outstanding service

Sorry don't have experience per your criteria, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, and you're going to want the real deal.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Zap-Awesome to see your interest in health and fitness on here lately.

My recommendation via a childhood friend and MD, is don’t take TRT if you smoke.

Trying to wrap my head around that over 13% body fat is fat.
Hey no judgement here. But No mistake about it, high BF will crush a man’s testosterone. Some will say it’s a chicken and the egg deal..

I used to train on a Westside style powerlifting crew and some of those guys were juiced like a silverback riding a freight train. Still so fat. Still had all the typical issues of Males with low t. But they were strong as shit.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
My bad Zap-I swore I read a posting by you that you were a smoker.

Add me to the confused camp that 13% is fat…..

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
My blood pressure is awesome...appreciate your input.

Beginning of the year before covid 2nd bout my resting heart rate was low 50's at 65 yoa. 6', 195# and 33" waist...was still not near 13%. Maybe 17-18.

Another note here for consideration: “normal” for test in men gets very muddy when you start talking numbers. I believe The range is from 600-900. So I wouldn’t fixate on a number per se.

My blood pressure is awesome...appreciate your input.

Beginning of the year before covid 2nd bout my resting heart rate was low 50's at 65 yoa. 6', 195# and 33" waist...was still not near 13%. Maybe 17-18.
That’s outstanding! This checks quite a few boxes. I hope I can match those stats at 65.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
I am probably going to get back to eating 4+ good eggs a day again.....been a while. Appreciate all the info from you folks....I need to think it all thru and consider the total costs. I posted this on Trapperman and some of the guys expressed concern about prostrate issues from supplemental T. I need to look at that also. Some talk about a cream you rub on also..

Thunt22

FNG
Hey no judgement here. But No mistake about it, high BF will crush a man’s testosterone. Some will say it’s a chicken and the egg deal..

I used to train on a Westside style powerlifting crew and some of those guys were juiced like a silverback riding a freight train. Still so fat. Still had all the typical issues of Males with low t. But they were strong as shit.
Real 13% bf? Or a bs dexa scan lol I wouldn’t consider over 13% high bf, maybe more like 17-18

Getting a replacement therapy is a very healthy choice. As long as you actually need it. Having Low T makes life not fun.

They offer different products, a gel, a syringe, also a time release tablet that’s placed below your skin so you don’t have to apply anything. Each method has its pros and it’s cons as well.