T/C maxi ball

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
Where can a guy buy the maxi ball 370 gr bullets for a reasonable price.

They aren’t difficult to find, Quality Cast is a WHOLE different Story! This is part of the Reason i Started Casting my Own Bullets.

I don’t know of the Best Place “per say” to Buy them? But they are Readily Available online with a Simple Google Search

OP
N

nebhunt

WKR
I may just have to cast my own again. I still have the molds but my electric pot took a dump a few years ago. I was thinking if I could find them cheap enough I could just bypass the work and the cost of a new pot.

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
I may just have to cast my own again. I still have the molds but my electric pot took a dump a few years ago. I was thinking if I could find them cheap enough I could just bypass the work and the cost of a new pot.

I have seen them be off as much as 10 Grains of eachother! With holes in the bases, Wrinkles from a Mold that wasn’t up to Temp. Just Plain poor Quality Control

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider

Do you use Ladles to Cast, or a Bottom Pour Pot?

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
A few of the Bullets i Cast

1 of my Paper Patch .45s, i have shot this bullet to 825 Yards
rY5j3BEl.jpg

NnrzPYkl.jpg

NaKXVfbl.jpg

W7qvFd3l.jpg

7FtB0iKl.jpg

EQLhQV6l.jpg

VSYOvMVl.jpg

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
.50s
wIBjLYWl.jpg

4FTD32ll.jpg

I cast 2 Different Styles of Maxi’s, this one, and a Rounded Groove, Both From TC Molds
1DWnHrpm.jpg

.54 Cal
QfSdDCil.jpg

9MM Long Range Muzzleloader
GD0F4ZUl.jpg

OP
N

nebhunt

WKR
You are way better at that than I ever hope to be. There is an art to it and it looks like you have a full grasp of how its done. I wish I could just send my supply of lead to you and have you cast a bunch for me.

You are way better at that than I ever hope to be. There is an art to it and it looks like you have a full grasp of how its done. I wish I could just send my supply of lead to you and have you cast a bunch for me.
I learned a TON about casting from IdahoLewis. Its not too difficult to get good at bullet casting if you spend a little time, buy good molds, and be careful. But i would say find a bullet that performs well before you invest in casting. I have a bunch of molds that I don't use cuz they just won't shoot well in my guns.

OP
N

nebhunt

WKR
I still have my Thompson Center molds that I used a lot back when I was casting over 10 years ago. I even have about 100lb of lead. The only thing I'm missing is the pot/furnace. I guess maybe instead of looking for a cheap place to buy the bullets I should be looking for a quality pot at a good price.

havent checked in quite a few years but there was a seller or 2 on Gun Broker. problem is getting them batched anywhere close to 370gr. the ones i bought were all over the scale.i then found factory made quite often after Christmas on clearance at Wallymarts. i use to cast them and still have my moulds. my TC NewEnglanders loved them uising 70 gr. pyrodex.good luck with your search.

Myronman3

Lil-Rokslider
i’ve been on the prowl for a tc miniball mould for a while now. not looking overly hard, as i have my casting stuff packed up. figured i’d cast my own instead of trying to find them.

the one thing i will say, is that i have NOT had positive experiences with the lee bottom pour pot. leaking bastards that they are. i dont like the mess and decided i’d stick with the ladle.

wseidel

WKR
I'm just getting started in casting bullets for my .50 caliber TC Hawken - both round ball and Mini-Ball. I've looked at a number of YouTube videos and this was the best by far. I so appreciate your taking the time to make the video and sharing it with those of us that can learn from your expertise. Incidentally, earlier today I purchased the same Lee 4-20 pot you used so I know it has the potential to do a great job :)

Thanks again, Idaholewis!

Wayne

FrontierGander

Lil-Rokslider
I cast them and can cut you a deal depending on how many you'd want. Lubed or unlubed. Not the bullet you asked for, but to show my work. All were under 1gr of each other.IMG_0660.JPG
Untitled.jpg