WTB T/C Pro Hunter

Clarktar

WKR
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I found two, they are stainless encores not pro hunters. They are pricey. If you want one let me know and I will pass along details.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sell33

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Chippewa - If you’re on the MeWe app try TC groups there. Seems like most WTB posts I’ve seen there have positive results. Frames pop up far more frequently than on here.

OP
chippewawarrior
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I found two, they are stainless encores not pro hunters. They are pricey. If you want one let me know and I will pass along details.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I honestly don’t know the difference? I guess I’d stick with the ProHunter because I’m familiar with that platform. I’m not too concerned about price, just not looking to pay full on GunBroker prices yet. I’ve tried to make offers on a couple but for one reason or another a deal has not been reached. First one was totally my fault, I didn’t have a FFL lined up and I dragged my feet. Second one the seller changed his mind after sending pics. I guess he just wanted more money? I would have paid more too. The thing is I’m open to take a full gun (not just the frame), especially if its got the muzzleloader barrel.

Sell33: I’ll look into that, thanks for the tip!

Themic86

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The pro hunter has a swing hammer allowing it to be swung a few degrees off center. Other then that not sure there is much difference and think TC will also retro a encore to add it. Good luck in your search. Picked up a 20ga slug this year and ran about $900

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheezhd

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the encore has no swing hammer and the breech plug is removed with a wrench with a 26" barrel, and the pro hunter has a push in and 180° turn to remove it with the swing hammer, and the endeavor and fx breech plug can be removed by hand!there may also be a barrel length between the endeavor and encore? hope that helps!!good luck

OP
chippewawarrior
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Well, my patience has paid off in a huge way! Thanks to everyone who helped me along on the journey. A super special thanks to Bkottke35, who literally found me the “deal of the century” on a complete ProHunter. This is clearly another win for the Rokslide collective! Happy holidays.

Sell33

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Well, my patience has paid off in a huge way! Thanks to everyone who helped me along on the journey. A super special thanks to Bkottke35, who literally found me the “deal of the century” on a complete ProHunter. This is clearly another win for the Rokslide collective! Happy holidays.
Not even gonna share details or a pic!? Glad you finally found one. I’ve clicked on this thread about every time I’ve seen it…. half watching for slopped seconds since I clearly need a third encore.

OP
chippewawarrior
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Not even gonna share details or a pic!? Glad you finally found one. I’ve clicked on this thread about every time I’ve seen it…. half watching for slopped seconds since I clearly need a third encore.

It’s quite the story. It goes something like this…

Bkottke35 was shopping at Sportsman’s Warehouse in Thornton, CO when on the used rack he spots a T/C ProHunter .270 for $399. Yes, you read that right. He contacts me here, and let’s me know what he found. It just so happens one of my best childhood friends lives in Castle Rock! I call him and give him a mission. He accepts. We try to secure it over the phone on Monday, and he’ll pick it up on Tuesday. No dice.

Now my buddy is a pilot for United, so he was going to buy it Tuesday after work. He calls on Tuesday morning, and the idiot he talks to tells him they don’t have one, it must have sold. He goes home and calls me. Frantically I contact Bkottke35, and he calls the store. It’s still there! I call my buddy and I make sure he just drives there Wednesday to avoid any further confusion. I’m sweating bullets this thing doesn’t sell in the meantime!

Of course the pilot had flight delays. However, he was able to get there and pick up the damn thing. He even talked to the same clueless employee who told him yet again they didn’t have one? When physically shown they do, he was dumbfounded. He said he had not seen a ProHunter before, and he works at the gun counter?

So, in the end it all works out in the wash. I’ll have the gun at Christmas when my buddy travels home to visit his parents with his family. I’ll post some pictures once I have it in hand. It’s for my 12 year old son who is a southpaw. He has been using his grandfather’s T/C and has grown quite comfortable with it. I plan on building it hobbit style similar to SLDMTN’s post.

I can’t thank Bkottke35 enough for his help. The best I could do was send him some holiday cheer via PayPal for his effort. I’m very proud to be a part of this community. I try to pay it forward as often as possible. Thanks again guys (and ladies too ).

Sell33

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
It’s quite the story. It goes something like this…

Bkottke35 was shopping at Sportsman’s Warehouse in Thornton, CO when on the used rack he spots a T/C ProHunter .270 for $399. Yes, you read that right. He contacts me here, and let’s me know what he found. It just so happens one of my best childhood friends lives in Castle Rock! I call him and give him a mission. He accepts. We try to secure it over the phone on Monday, and he’ll pick it up on Tuesday. No dice.

Now my buddy is a pilot for United, so he was going to buy it Tuesday after work. He calls on Tuesday morning, and the idiot he talks to tells him they don’t have one, it must have sold. He goes home and calls me. Frantically I contact Bkottke35, and he calls the store. It’s still there! I call my buddy and I make sure he just drives there Wednesday to avoid any further confusion. I’m sweating bullets this thing doesn’t sell in the meantime!

Of course the pilot had flight delays. However, he was able to get there and pick up the damn thing. He even talked to the same clueless employee who told him yet again they didn’t have one? When physically shown they do, he was dumbfounded. He said he had not seen a ProHunter before, and he works at the gun counter?

So, in the end it all works out in the wash. I’ll have the gun at Christmas when my buddy travels home to visit his parents with his family. I’ll post some pictures once I have it in hand. It’s for my 12 year old son who is a southpaw. He has been using his grandfather’s T/C and has grown quite comfortable with it. I plan on building it hobbit style similar to SLDMTN’s post.

I can’t thank Bkottke35 enough for his help. The best I could do was send him some holiday cheer via PayPal for his effort. I’m very proud to be a part of this community. I try to pay it forward as often as possible. Thanks again guys (and ladies too ).
That’s fantastic, not just due to the great price. I’ve seen a couple pop up in MeWe groups and every time I went to screen shot and send your way they were already sold. They definitely don’t last long when prices right. I’m sure your son will love it.