T/ c stock 50 cal barrel vs match grade machine

Guys, I have a t/ c. 50 cal pro hunter. For Colorado next season, what would you think of replacing my original barrel with a mgm.barrel. Anyone have one from them and what loads groups accuracy compared to my stock one. Any thoughts and advice will ba appreciated.

Can not offer any information on the MGM barrel.

Question why are you moving away from the Pro Hunter barrel, assuming that it is a 50 cal. ML barrel?

If it is because of the muzzle QLA you could easily remove the QLA and re-crown the barrel and have a very good full bore shooter. And it would also be a very good sabot shooter...

Last edited:
OP
W
Thanks for the responses. I use pellets and in Colorado i can’t. So I need to find a load for it. Second I thought that can’t shoot 209. Powder. I have a scope and was going to go with a Williams peep and a covered front sight with crosshairs , I was told my barrel was only for pellets. Any help would very much be appreciated

JonS

WKR
I have a pro hunter that came on an Endeavor I think years ago. Never shot pellets in it, just loose fffg. 90 grains of that pushed a 295 powerbelt well enough to shoot my first elk. I'm probably going to go back at it again this year and will use that barrel and may look at BH209 powder.
209 primers are legal in CO as are flint locks, and other primitive actions. No sabots, no scopes or electronic sights, peeps are fine. Check the regs so you know them, don't trust me, but I'm pretty sure I'm right, just don't ask my wife :)