T-cam season's here

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
It's that time of year again.

I love trail cameras. I think they can add a dimension to your scouting that you can't get any other way. I did a series of articles for Christensen's Hunting Illustrated late 2008 through early 2010 on some great cameras built by Spypoint, a Canadian company (you might be able to still find those articles on CHI's website- worth looking at if you are new to trail cameras).

Four years later, I'm still using those cameras with good results.

I just got mine out in the hills a few weeks ago. Heres' some pics of bulls/buck I've picked up on them over the years, and some video in the next post.

attachment.php

Good bull we got during season, with hunters in the area, in full daylight????? Still didn't get him.

attachment.php

26" buck, public land. Never saw him other than in this pic

attachment.php

The "hook cheater buck" I mentioned in video. If you look between the posts, you can make out the hook cheater that probably puts his outside spread close to 30". We did find this buck during the gun season, but couldn't get on him before he got into the cover just after first light. Sorry such small pic???

attachment.php

A good bull we never saw other than in this pic. It was motivating to know he was around, though!

Last edited: