T-minus 7 days and counting and I will be a sheephunter!

keller

WKR
Thanks for the well wishes and I’m looking forward to taking it all in. It will prob be a long time until I see Alaska again so I’m going to try and make the best of it.
Best of luck Jake is a great guy. Most likely it won't be long before your back to Alaska. Once you go their you never truly leave.i thought the same thing now I'm planning my 4th hunt in ak.

HerdAK

FNG
Good luck. What unit? This will be my first sheep tag as well. However I have to wait just a little bit longer then you as my season doesn't open until aug 26th. I was lucky enough to draw Carpenter creek DS195.

Take pictures until you get tired of taking pictures, and then take more. I've been fortunate to go on a couple dall hunts and I know I enjoy going back and looking at the photos every now and then. As mentioned before soak it all in, the hunts up north are awesome experiences. If you're fortunate enough to kill a ram that's just the icing on the cake. Good luck!

OP
Afhunter1

Afhunter1

WKR
Thanks all and I will definitely try and document my hunt and post it when I get back. I’m buying a grizzly tag and if sheep are hard to find it may turn into a grizzly hunt but I’m good with that too. They’ve had some bad winters where I will be hunting and the sheep have been pretty hard hit. May be a tough hunt.

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
Tip, take care of you feet. Stop immediately and tape any rub or hot spot. If you wait and power through, you will pay. Leukotape is the best tape ever.

About day 4 of going hard, you're body will hit a wall and your mind will want to do the same. Power through this wall and your body will accept the fact its going to have to keep working. From here the climbs seam easier and you start feeling stronger.

Always have a granola bar in your pocket. If you have to dig in your pack you're less likely to eat and you'll need the fuel. Same with water. Have a water bladder so you can keep drinking.

Alaskan89

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck, Jake is a top notch guide! I'm headed out on the 28th to the DCUA in pursuit of my 3rd ram in that area, I can hardly wait!!

This is awesome stuff! I am looking forward to following this thread.
I have been struck-down with the illness known as 'Do It While you Can'-itis, and I am seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on booking a hunt. Only have one shot to live this life on earth, so have fun!
Good Luck on your hunt!

FNG
A moto I live by in the mountains “fortune favours the bold”. Good luck and shoot straight. I’m rooting for you!