T.R.U. Ball Abyss X-Tension Flex

What is everybody’s thoughts on TRU Ball’s new release? I like the customizability but it’s a steep price at $354.99.

OR Archer

WKR

Lancaster has them at $289. I like the concept of this being a 2-1 release. It’s a simple change between the two. I’m seriously considering buying one to try out.

Venom One

WKR
I find the engineering involved impressive and overall it's well thought-out. It's definitely better than the G.O.A.T. release IMO. I like the all-in-one concept for consistency reasons. I'm just not sure I like the fact that you have to hold the thumb down during tension mode; and hit the "reset" button if you want to let down. On the flip side, the fact that it won't accidently fire (as long as you don't hit the thumb) during draw cycle is nice.

I'm really torn between buying the X-Tension or a Fulkrum Flex. I have a Wise Choice for hunting, but I want a tension for practice. The Fulkrum would satisfy that. But, for ~$40 more, the X-Tension does both. The biggest concern is whether your brain will get confused about which mode it's in and you inadvertently/prematurely release an arrow.

Venom One

WKR
After thinking about this more, I realized that I will never hunt with a release that can't be clipped to the D-loop. I always clip it on in those closing minutes/yards and want my hand free for using the RF or binos. For me, that means there is no reason to buy a dual-function release. Something to consider if you like the same.

Squirrels

WKR
After thinking about this more, I realized that I will never hunt with a release that can't be clipped to the D-loop. I always clip it on in those closing minutes/yards and want my hand free for using the RF or binos. For me, that means there is no reason to buy a dual-function release. Something to consider if you like the same.
I was curious if the abyss could be clipped on and left to dangle. I prefer it too for the same reasons you mentioned. Thanks for that information, that’s puts me out on the abyss.

Venom One

WKR
I was curious if the abyss could be clipped on and left to dangle. I prefer it too for the same reasons you mentioned. Thanks for that information, that’s puts me out on the abyss.

Yeah, I haven't seen any hinge style or dual-function releases that can be clipped-on. For me, that option has become a requirement for my hunting release. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on the Abyss...

Ordered an HBC after nixing the Abyss. The Scott Ascent and Fulkrum Flex were strong contenders.