T-shirts for tall guys

OldGrayJB

WKR
I'm 6'6" and looking for feedback long torso shirts. Some are almost belly shirts on me and most of the high end hunting companies don't offer tall sizes. I like Blackovis merinos. If I size up they fit perfectly like a t-shirt, not a baselayer, and the tail is long enough. Eddie Bauer sells tall sized short sleeved t-shirts.

I was wondering if any of you really tall guys have tried the Kryptek shirts. Or the Stone Glacier casual shirts and their performance gear. All feedback on t-shirts, hunting shirts is appreciated.

FLAK

WKR
I have the same problem @ just 6'1", but I'm all Torso.
Even most Talls the bottom button will be at my belly button.
T shirts are fine until I raise my arms.

Kryptek runs short fat. Was also looking at the new stone glacier which looks as long as the First lite stuff I run which has work well for me. 6’5”

But my buddy just got some stuff from Canis Athlete and said they run long for tucking in and such. By the looks of it I’m may have to order some stuff because they look longer than anything I’ve seen. https://www.canisathlete.com/products/tahr-merino-short-sleeve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am 6'6" 225, and the Stone glacier xxl tee fit awesome. Eddie Bauer xl talls are great. The first lite xxl in baselayers and tees for great.

OP
OldGrayJB

OldGrayJB

WKR
Update:
I bought a Canis Athlete Tahr merino shirt. Fits great. I'm excited to see how the cordura blend on the shoulders performs under a loaded pack.
I also got a Stone Glacier t-shirt. Thanks for the tips.

MTJake

Lil-Rokslider
I am 6'2", but all torso and have a tough time finding sleeves that are long enough or shirts that are tall enough to actually tuck in. I have had the best luck with Blackovis merinos, their sleeves are long enough. I have also had pretty good luck with badlands gear, they seem to have longer sleeves and longer torsos. I have their flex hoodie, their exo rain gear, and a couple vests that all are long enough.

crock239

FNG
same boat here, but tall AND skinny, 6'7" about 180

Eddie bauer large talls work for me, even some M talls for baselayer stuff

LL Bean also carries tall merino layers

Did get blackovis merino hoodie as well...had to size way up (xxl) to get the length, still fits OK in chest etc.

Eddie bauer 36" inseam guide pro pants work really well too, sometimes get a good deal in clearance

OP
OldGrayJB

OldGrayJB

WKR
I am 6'2", but all torso and have a tough time finding sleeves that are long enough or shirts that are tall enough to actually tuck in. I have had the best luck with Blackovis merinos, their sleeves are long enough. I have also had pretty good luck with badlands gear, they seem to have longer sleeves and longer torsos. I have their flex hoodie, their exo rain gear, and a couple vests that all are long enough.
I like the MidwayUSA brand long sleeve shirts. Their talls have good sleeve and torso length. Too bad they don't make short sleeved shirts in tall sizes. If I go up a size to get more torso length, then it's so baggy it flaps in the wind.
I'll have to give Badlands a try.

crock239

FNG
My local tailor will take in lots of different shirts for $10-15....can be a way to solve the baggy flapping in the wind issue if you find a good enough deal to justify it.

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
6'4", 215-220 here. Sitka XLT and First Lite in XL are great for me. I've heard numerous complaints about First Lite's sleeves running long which suits me just fine.