T1 or DT1

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
IMG_3969.jpg

Duplex Frame and Cargo Panel with moose quarter :)

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
DT all the way!

We were close to the road and the photo was more of joke than anything:)

I was able to get several ounces of the DT1 (with some mods), so I'm not far off from the weight of the Timberline.

Jager

WKR
Without getting of the op topic, I am considering a Kifaru AG1 with the duplex at the moment, does anyone have experience with this model. Capacity is fine with me, I really prefer to carry as small a system as possible, the other option is the DT 3, however the armor grip just looks like it will suit my needs pretty well. Any experiences on these greatly appreciated. I have also looked seriously at the Eberlestock Warhammer, the ALICE frame being the winner for me.

Anyway, any info greatly appreciated.

I had my elk hunt cut short by saving a hiker with a broken ankle above treeline. Needless to say I have a DT1 and I had strapped him to the DT1 and carried him 4 miles to the trailhead. My vote goes for the DT1. It carried about 200 lbs(give or take 10 lbs) quite comfortably. I know the DT1 can haul some weight, my vote goes there everytime after seeing what its capable of.

Yukondog

WKR
I had my elk hunt cut short by saving a hiker with a broken ankle above treeline. Needless to say I have a DT1 and I had strapped him to the DT1 and carried him 4 miles to the trailhead. My vote goes for the DT1. It carried about 200 lbs(give or take 10 lbs) quite comfortably. I know the DT1 can haul some weight, my vote goes there everytime after seeing what its capable of.

Good on you for doing the right thing! Well done!

Matt

stephen b

WKR

Nicely Done! - That was a nice thing to do- and absolutely the right thing to do! You will be rewarded.

Enjoy the rest of your hunt.

BuckSnort

WKR

I would have quartered him and made it two trips, that's a lot of weight for this fat boy... Kidding, good job!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I having being one of the few to actually use and haul several animals out in both the T1 and DT1 I guess I'll throw in my .02 for what its worth. For me the ability to run different packbags on the Longhunter frame means nothing. Even day hunting I'll use either my T1 or DT1 compressed down. They compress small enough and I can use the extra money I save for lighter weight gear. I run an XTL lid on my DT1 and in an effort to keep my T1 as light as possible run a KU possibles on top of a standard lid. The difference between the two is 2+ pounds. They are both great packs and will keep both. However if its a single species hunt like dall sheep or mountain goat the T1 will get the nod. If I may be hauling moose quarters or a lot of caribou meat in addition to other species in the same hunt like I got coming up in 2 days on a 12 day moose, sheep, caribou, grizz hunt the DT1 will be joining me on that endeavor.

OP
fillthefreezer
I having being one of the few to actually use and haul several animals out in both the T1 and DT1 I guess I'll throw in my .02 for what its worth. For me the ability to run different packbags on the Longhunter frame means nothing. Even day hunting I'll use either my T1 or DT1 compressed down. They compress small enough and I can use the extra money I save for lighter weight gear. I run an XTL lid on my DT1 and in an effort to keep my T1 as light as possible run a KU possibles on top of a standard lid. The difference between the two is 2+ pounds. They are both great packs and will keep both. However if its a single species hunt like dall sheep or mountain goat the T1 will get the nod. If I may be hauling moose quarters or a lot of caribou meat in addition to other species in the same hunt like I got coming up in 2 days on a 12 day moose, sheep, caribou, grizz hunt the DT1 will be joining me on that endeavor.
i appreciate your input luke! nothing like the voice of firsthand experience. although i dont think you made my decis any easier...hahaha

I have a DT1 and am comtemplating a T2 to replace it. I could use the 2 pound weight savings but I don't have one to compare nor do I have the luxury to use it many times a year.

cmeier117

WKR
Mt T2 should be back in my arms today and I will do a comparrison video of it and DT2 side by side and hopefully help a few guys out on deciding and just go over some details of the packs...

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Looking at both my DT1 and T1 side by side right now there is zero difference between the bags honestly that I can tell. The only difference between them is the KU style suspension on the T1 vs. the Duplex frame on the DT1. Just be sure to get the DT1 or T1 over the T2 or DT2 that way you can save yourself some weight and coin by not having to buy extra pockets for the outside and its much more streamlined anyways than hanging pockets on the outside when you get camp and critter in the pack.

cmeier117

WKR
Looking at both my DT1 and T1 side by side right now there is zero difference between the bags honestly that I can tell. The only difference between them is the KU style suspension on the T1 vs. the Duplex frame on the DT1. Just be sure to get the DT1 or T1 over the T2 or DT2 that way you can save yourself some weight and coin by not having to buy extra pockets for the outside and its much more streamlined anyways than hanging pockets on the outside when you get camp and critter in the pack.

I agree with the T1 or DT1 things I wish I had the larger pack. I can fit everything in mine no problem with room to spare but the added volume would be nice.

JG358

WKR
I have a DT1 and am comtemplating a T2 to replace it. I could use the 2 pound weight savings but I don't have one to compare nor do I have the luxury to use it many times a year.

The only reason I prefer the DT is because I dont have to think about how I'm packing the bag with a heavy load. I've had issues with the standard suspension wanting to roll a bit when your cramming more stuff than you should in the bag. It's worth the extra weight of the frame sheet to me for that reason alone.