T1 question

klxracer92

Lil-Rokslider
I've had my pack for a couple of days now. I bought the T1 with longhunter lid off of kifaru's forum. This thing is a beast!! I don't know how tall the guy was but I know that it was set up for his 35 waist and it has 26in stays. I have about a 33 waist and I am 5'9". I adjusted the shoulder straps but I am pretty sure that it is as far down as it will go.... I am pretty sure that the waist belt is to big for me, I am able to get the waist belt all the way to the buckles. Its fairly tight but I am wondering if this would be a problem in the field? I hope this makes sense, any advice? I might have to try and get and a smaller waist belt and 24in stays..
Thanks. I am new to backpacking world and this is by far the best website I have come across.

Yes, the belt will be a problem with heavy loads. You don't need 24 inch stays. Call kifaru and see if they will swap you belts, or sell yours and buy a more appropriate size. There is a youtube video on how to adjust a kifaru pack to fit you. I suggest you watch it as there are guys shorter than you that have their T1 fitting with the shoulders straps. So you might be doing something wrong there.

OP
klxracer92

klxracer92

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, the belt will be a problem with heavy loads. You don't need 24 inch stays. Call kifaru and see if they will swap you belts, or sell yours and buy a more appropriate size. There is a youtube video on how to adjust a kifaru pack to fit you. I suggest you watch it as there are guys shorter than you that have their T1 fitting with the shoulders straps. So you might be doing something wrong there.

Ya I have watched the videos. I will give them a call. Thanks.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Yep if you can get the buckles nearly touching without any weight in it...once you get a heavy load you'll have wished you swapped out the waistbelt for the small size...

OP
klxracer92

klxracer92

Lil-Rokslider
Yep if you can get the buckles nearly touching without any weight in it...once you get a heavy load you'll have wished you swapped out the waistbelt for the small size...

I tried it on with 30lbs. I will definitely need a smaller waist belt. Thanks for the feedback...

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
I am short. That T1 will fit you and I would keep the 26" stays. Just adjust exactly as the video says.

also plan to lose a few pounds and maybe some waist size while youre on a weeklong hunt, while sizing your waistbelt. i dont know many people that dont lose at least a few pounds out there

OP
klxracer92

klxracer92

Lil-Rokslider
also plan to lose a few pounds and maybe some waist size while youre on a weeklong hunt, while sizing your waistbelt. i dont know many people that dont lose at least a few pounds out there

Thanks, ya I know. I plan on losing a few pounds before my first trip as well. I talked to Angie a little while ago and ordered a small belt. Thanks for the feedback.