T3X Superlite in Lefty?

I am trying to help a friend out whose having a heck of a time. I told him... these guys will know! So, do you guys know if they make that T3X superlite in a lefty?

Does anyone know if they are going to be a limited time item?

Thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, they are discriminating against us. No lefties in the superlite. Dang it........cause that rifle in a creedmoor would be the cats meow.

Randy

NDGuy

WKR
Being a lefty sucks a$$. I have been researching for a few months.

Your buddies choices for a new rifle non custom in current production are:

T3 Lite
T3X Lite
Browning X Bolt
Savage Axis, 11, or 16
Rem 700 SPS
Ruger American/Hawkeye FTW (Comes in 6.5 CM)
Weatherby Mark V
TC Dimension

Granted you can always find older or discontinued models like Rem 700 CDLs but those are your options going for a new rifle.

What are some of the features he wants?

GKPrice

Banned
Being a lefty sucks a$$. I have been researching for a few months.

Your buddies choices for a new rifle non custom in current production are:

T3 Lite
T3X Lite
Browning X Bolt
Savage Axis, 11, or 16
Rem 700 SPS
Ruger American/Hawkeye FTW (Comes in 6.5 CM)
Weatherby Mark V
TC Dimension

Granted you can always find older or discontinued models like Rem 700 CDLs but those are your options going for a new rifle.

What are some of the features he wants?

you only give up 2-3 ounces from the SL to the Lite, same gun otherwise ..... BUT I agree, you southpaws get a raw deal

NDGuy

WKR
you only give up 2-3 ounces from the SL to the Lite, same gun otherwise ..... BUT I agree, you southpaws get a raw deal

I should have clarified it was more so getting it in the 6.5 CM. In all of the models I mentioned the you have caliber restrictions. Most are chambered in .243, 30-06, .270 or .300 WIN. It's harder to find a rifle outside of the lower end models that are chambered in something different unless you pay over a grand.

I have a T3 Lite in 30-06 and I love it. I was recently having the itch to get a 7mm-08, 25-06, or 6.5 CM but gonna hold off for awhile due to the limitations with my budget.

204guy

WKR
Hornseeker, for a pure factory lightweight LH rifle the, T3Xlite is going to be tough to top. Unfortunately as has been stated no super-lites.

NDGuy, if you're looking for something different Whittakers is doing a limited run of SS T3x-lite's in 22-250 1-8" twist. They're also available in LH.

OP
Hornseeker
He's wanting Lightweight first, relatively affordable (under 1k) and stainless. 3 main things. He's a sub 300 yard shooter so dead nutz performance is not the top desire.
The t3x lite is only 3 oz heavier? Is it just the fluting that is different?

OP
Hornseeker
Can someone give me quick lesson on different between T3 Lite, T3X Lite and T3X SUperlite?
Thank you!

NDGuy

WKR
Can someone give me quick lesson on different between T3 Lite, T3X Lite and T3X SUperlite?
Thank you!

Check their website.

Little summary:

T3 Lite-Original model. Light, accurate, shitty stock and recoil pad, also has aluminum lugs which have been known to wear out if you shoot a lot.

T3X-The new model, similar weight little better recoil pad, similar stock, and steel lugs which hold up better

T3X Superlite-Slightly lighter weight, fluted barrel. Only at Cabelas/Sportsmans warehouse.

NDGuy

WKR
Hornseeker, for a pure factory lightweight LH rifle the, T3Xlite is going to be tough to top. Unfortunately as has been stated no super-lites.

NDGuy, if you're looking for something different Whittakers is doing a limited run of SS T3x-lite's in 22-250 1-8" twist. They're also available in LH.

Thanks but not interested in 22-250 I saw they had those out there. Looking at 25-06 7mm-08 or 6.5 CM.

OP
Hornseeker
Thanks
So T3x Lite , on website says 3-3.2 kg, which is 6.5-7 pounds. So more than just a few ounces, like 8 or more ounces?

NDGuy

WKR
Thanks
So T3x Lite , on website says 3-3.2 kg, which is 6.5-7 pounds. So more than just a few ounces, like 8 or more ounces?

Well there you go you answered your own question.

I held both and didn't tell that much of a difference but tell your friend to do what he wants, he will probably find the T3 Lite on clearance in the near future.