T3X Superlite stock mods.

prm

WKR
I was playing with a new T3X and had a few flyers I could not easily explain. Upon further examination, I believe the scope was the issue. Having said that, while looking things over I noted these small tabs in the barrel channel. Both are making contact, but one (left side of channel) appears to to contact a little firmer than the other. Has anyone just removed these? I tend to trust Tikka so don’t want to remove without some consideration. I’ve never had a stock with small contact points like this. Either full length bedded (Ex. Barrett Fieldcraft) or fully free floated.
83A8156A-7DCE-4906-B0F8-690A56E89E21.jpeg

That’s the problem with plastic stocks. I dislike all plastic! Many affordable after market stocks available. That’s usually the first thing I do with any cheap factory stock, and free float it.

if you are cheap you can remove the tabs. You can also fill in those voids in the plastic with epoxy or bedding material and stiffen it up, but adds weight. I like the Mesa altitude stock we put n my son’s tikka way better!

OP
prm

prm

WKR
It’s actually a very stiff stock. Much better than any other plastic stock I’ve ever had.

OutdoorAg

WKR
The Tikka stock is very, very good.

I would put a reliable scope and mounting system on the rifle first, before doing anything with the stock.

I think tikka stocks feel cheap but my 308 and 6.5 creed both shoot very well. Mesa and wildcat composites get a lot of high marks here but I am trying to resist the urge to tinker with my tikkas in a way that will wind up making them cost so much that I could have bought a more expensive rifle to begin with. I made that mistake with a couple of Remington’s and I glare at them every time I open the safe as they sit their against the back wall as monuments to my stupidity.

yycyak

Lil-Rokslider
I have a thread somewhere that details this. I've removed these "speed bumps" from both my 223 and 30-06. No issues.

I just used a rotary file and started gouging until things were free-floated.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: prm