T3x Users: Extra Large Bolt Handle and Cerakote limited editions worth it?

Do you like these mods, or do you prefer the regular T3x SS the way it is? I can see those extra large bolt handles possibly getting in the way when hunting, maybe not though.

I think you are talking about the new Veil camo T3Xs.

I’m not sure about this but I think the bolt handle is just a plastic knob that goes over the stock one and is probably removable, someone else might be able to clarify but I think the CTRs have this too.

The ceracoated and factory threaded barrels are nice, but I also believe the new fluted barrels are a heavier contour, so I don’t think they are as light as the Super lights fluted barrel.

I have been working on a plain T3X and am going to have the barrel shortened/threaded and have a side port brake timed. I also sent to Bolt to LRI for fluting and have ordered a carbon extended bolt handle. I’m waiting on a call from Axail Precision telling me my stock is ready and I’ll send the action to them to be bedded.

With all these mods planned, I saved money and bought the plain T3X lite SS and that way I can make everything the way I want it. I think they are asking a bit much for some ceracoat and a threaded barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just looked and the special editions are going for $1200. You could buy the regular T3X lite SS, thread the barrel, buy a better brake, ceracoat it and even get an aftermarket bottom metal for that price.

khuber84

WKR
I just looked and the special editions are going for $1200. You could buy the regular T3X lite SS, thread the barrel, buy a better brake, ceracoat it and even get an aftermarket bottom metal for that price.

Agreed, I just ordered a superlite 6.5cm for 550$ will update the stock with a wildcat composites, add in some ti goodies and I'll be at 5.5# or less and be at just a few hundred more Than the new lipsticked up tikkas.

khuber84

WKR
It's a friend who deals in large volume online sales, I'm doing load development on a few of his rifles, so........it's not something available to general public. He's selling it to me for a small loss!

It depends on what you want for a barrel and caliber. Other than the 6.5 CM and 8 twist .223, I think Tikka's chambers and twists are stupid. I decided against it because I didn't want to pay extra for a barrel that's getting spun off anyways. You can buy a normal T3x Lite for $570, and rebarrel for $350.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
You can buy a stainless model and never have to worry about cerakote. I can’t stand oversized or goofy bolt handles, especially in a hunting rifle.

A T3X stainless with a really nice aftermarket stock (mcmillan, AG, Mesa, etc) will cost you less than the factory rifle you mentioned.