TAC - Big Sky. Need a ride or somebody to hang with?

I will be attending the TAC Big Sky event this year and have a few open seats in my truck. My wife decided to stay home so I will be going solo. If anyone needs a ride or just somebody to hang out with, just message me.

I live in Billings and plan on leaving Thursday to try and get a decent camping spot, coming back Sunday after I finish the course.

Here are my nock times:
Friday: Sitka 11:00
Saturday: Leupold 9:30
Sunday: Yeti 12:00

Firehawk

WKR
We were probably right behind you on Friday. We had the Noon time on Sitka. That was a cool course. It was out first time up to Big Sky. The hike back out to the shuttle was a little rough after a long day on the hill, but I looked at it like I was just prepping for hunting season.

Prime Course on Saturday ate me alive. Initially I was good, then about shot 12, things started going down hill in a hurry. At first, I thought it was just fatigue and I was struggling. But the more I concentrated and walked through my process, I realized something more had to be going on. Didn't figure it out either and ended up losing a bunch of arrows to damage on that course. UGHH!

Hoping to find an issue on the bow to help me feel better and fix it before I shoot Snowbird in two weeks.

OP
5 shot group
We were probably right behind you on Friday. We had the Noon time on Sitka. That was a cool course. It was out first time up to Big Sky. The hike back out to the shuttle was a little rough after a long day on the hill, but I looked at it like I was just prepping for hunting season.

Prime Course on Saturday ate me alive. Initially I was good, then about shot 12, things started going down hill in a hurry. At first, I thought it was just fatigue and I was struggling. But the more I concentrated and walked through my process, I realized something more had to be going on. Didn't figure it out either and ended up losing a bunch of arrows to damage on that course. UGHH!

Hoping to find an issue on the bow to help me feel better and fix it before I shoot Snowbird in two weeks.
I had a blast at TAC. This was my first such event and I will be trying for sure to go every year. I lost 2 arrows before I realized my sight tape was too slow. Other then that, I only lost a few more due to trying to shoot during that storm on Friday.

Everyone I met was great and were all having a blast. I was able to meet some of the talking heads as well. Randy Newberg, Brady from gohunt, Jocko, and the crew from kifaru.

I WILL be going back 😁

MT257

WKR
I had a blast at TAC. This was my first such event and I will be trying for sure to go every year. I lost 2 arrows before I realized my sight tape was too slow. Other then that, I only lost a few more due to trying to shoot during that storm on Friday.

Everyone I met was great and were all having a blast. I was able to meet some of the talking heads as well. Randy Newberg, Brady from gohunt, Jocko, and the crew from kifaru.

I WILL be going back 😁
I sure wouldnt trust those tapes. Make your own and verify using a a post it note. I've had where I need 2 maybe three to be correct before.

OP
5 shot group
2 fps fast at 84 yards on a steep downhill is all it took for me to shoot over. I had brought some extra tapes with me as the chrono I shot through kept bouncing from 286 to 288. I was figuring if I had a problem, it would be this. Oh well, lesson learned and now I am all good 😉

2 fps fast at 84 yards on a steep downhill is all it took for me to shoot over. I had brought some extra tapes with me as the chrono I shot through kept bouncing from 286 to 288. I was figuring if I had a problem, it would be this. Oh well, lesson learned and now I am all good 😉

Archers advantage probably costs the same as one arrow for a year, and you can use it to build a tape off of sight in marks. Several other options as well.

Trying to use fps to get a tape really doesn't work too well.

As a bonus you can answer the 1/2 dozen spine questions a day in here as well.

OP
5 shot group
Archers advantage probably costs the same as one arrow for a year, and you can use it to build a tape off of sight in marks. Several other options as well.

Trying to use fps to get a tape really doesn't work too well.

As a bonus you can answer the 1/2 dozen spine questions a day in here as well.
Lol I bought it just a few days before the shoot. I must of entered some info wrong because it was telling me my speed was 312 fps, and there is just no way with my setup that I am close to thank. I got frustrated and just went to scheels to get it cronographed and put that speed in and then printed some tapes. I will have plenty of time once season is over to play with it.

I plan on doing some tests with fletches as well this winter and it will be nice to see how those affect my longer shots.

Ignore the speed, get everything else correct and let the speed fall where it may. Different fletching combinations with different offset or helical will affect speed. The program speeds are running off an assumed drag, speed is the only variable that can make up for that.

My bow shoots a confirmed 282 FPS, my tape is 268.5 FPS and I've confirmed out to 104 yards which is my max before I hit my housing. Haven't touched the tape in a few years now, still right on at all distances when I do my part. I run 3 max stealth fletched with an Arizona EZ fletch so there is a lot of drag.

Firehawk

WKR
Turned out my Axis adjustment needed leveling. That is why I kept missing right on my long hard angle shots. Grateful for a great pro shop that could help walk me away from the edge of the cliff and get me back on my way. Can't wait for Snowbird now. Oh....and I bought another $180 in arrows. Ugh!!

OP
5 shot group
Ignore the speed, get everything else correct and let the speed fall where it may. Different fletching combinations with different offset or helical will affect speed. The program speeds are running off an assumed drag, speed is the only variable that can make up for that.

My bow shoots a confirmed 282 FPS, my tape is 268.5 FPS and I've confirmed out to 104 yards which is my max before I hit my housing. Haven't touched the tape in a few years now, still right on at all distances when I do my part. I run 3 max stealth fletched with an Arizona EZ fletch so there is a lot of drag.
Pinwheel has my speed at 286, so thats pretty dang close to what the crono said and my field experience shows. For AA to have it at 312, I know something is not correct. I am probably measuring wrong somewhere and that's the cause. I know AA is supposed to be very accurate, so I just need to go through it when I have more time and get it fixed.

I am running a 4 fletch max stealth with as much offset as I can. I want to move to a 3 fletch max hunter (or something similar) and see how it does. I do love the forgiveness I get out of the 4 fletch though......