TAC Registration FUN

big44a4

WKR
Man that was a nightmare. Worst it has ever been for me. Guess that’s what happens when you make it big time. They added a nice feature this year so they can collect more money right away letting one person pay for the entire group, but I went to check out after entering card information and it said no spots available. So much for the 10 minutes the website said it would hold your spot before losing it (wasn’t close to the 10 minute limit). Not to mention some people did make it in before the website crashed this morning. Even Fridays aren’t like they used to be out there. Used to shoot 2 courses easy and even made it 3 one year. Now you are lucky to spend all day 5-8 hrs to shoot 25 targets.

That said I won’t be shoot TAC this year and most likely ever again. Was fun while it lasted.

wayoh22

WKR
TAC has a greater demand than supply now. It's as simple as that.

As for your 10mins to hold your position, that doesn't mean your spot at that specific TAC is guaranteed for 10min. It means you you were placed in the queue like everyone else to register. Where you were in that queue will never be known, but as it seems you weren't on the early side of it. So by the time it came for your registration to go through, it was probably sold out. And seeing as this was yesterday for the TX event, I'm not surprised.

You got the wrong end of the straw. Plenty more events to go to if you really want to go.

OP
B

big44a4

WKR
TAC has a greater demand than supply now. It's as simple as that.

As for your 10mins to hold your position, that doesn't mean your spot at that specific TAC is guaranteed for 10min. It means you you were placed in the queue like everyone else to register. Where you were in that queue will never be known, but as it seems you weren't on the early side of it. So by the time it came for your registration to go through, it was probably sold out. And seeing as this was yesterday for the TX event, I'm not surprised.

You got the wrong end of the straw. Plenty more events to go to if you really want to go.

I’m talking about once I was in the checkout process. You have 10 minutes once you get in to purchase or lose spot and then wait outside at beginning of line again. The spots were there and by the time I typed credit card information (on the next page) then hit send it was not the case. Time to move on here. They say they improved the system but I’ve been going since it first started and can tell you this is not an improvement. That’s the frustration.

wayoh22

WKR
I hear you man, best thing you can do is send an email and voice your frustration. If they don't know, they can never make change.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Nothing like waiting behind a group of influencers all day who need to put every shot on Instagram and do multiple interviews. Haven't been to a TAC in years because of that nonsense. Doesn't look like it has gotten any better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
B

big44a4

WKR
Support your local club and shoot their 3D?

I shoot a ton of 3D for competition. TAC was just a fun shoot to go get some long range shots in with friends. I just helped cut an entire new 3D course this weekend for a local club to host the state ASA shoot this year.

SWOHTR

WKR
I shoot a ton of 3D for competition. TAC was just a fun shoot to go get some long range shots in with friends. I just helped cut an entire new 3D course this weekend for a local club to host the state ASA shoot this year.
That sounds great!

I never did TAC. Wanted to back in 2018 but life happened.

ewade07

WKR
Just another money grab. Never shot a TAC and never plan on doing it. Id rather spend my money at my local archery range and during the hunting season than be around a bunch of dudes that are too cool for me