Tac vanes

Just built up some X-impacts with the TAC drivers 2.25. really diggin' them! Think I got the perfect size for a lighter weight arrow

Good luck with them sticking. I’ve had the same luck with them as the max vanes. Super inconsistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
I went thru 150 pcs, emails, and phone calls with the owner trying to get them to stick to v-tacs with no luck. It was weird, heel and toe would stick enough I couldn't pull the vane off but the center section would have semi cured glue after a full day. Second vane would fall off after taking the clamp off, and the third was stuck solid the full length.
Partner took my arrow and glued them on in seconds. Difference was his tac glue and primer vs my tac glue and primer.

Last edited:

Zac

WKR
I have never had a vane stick better than the TACs. Didn't end up using them, but the adhesion was absolutely incredible.

CB4

WKR
I am running driver 2.75 currently. Ran max stealth before. The only time I have ever had an adhesion issue was when I forgot to use the primer pen before gluing.

Joe Holden

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't had problems with adhesion but I wasn't fond of the TAC Glue and pen. Went back to the AAE glue and pen with no issues. Have used both 2.75's and 2.25's.

I had no issues with the AAE primer and glue. They just curled on me and didn’t look that great. Some guys have had great luck with them though.

Good luck with them sticking. I’ve had the same luck with them as the max vanes. Super inconsistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I couldn't get them to stick for shit, until I followed the directions and used the TAC glue pen, etc. that they recommend, now they are perfect!

slamdmini

FNG
just got some tac 2.75 and haven't had an adhesion problem. Used tac primer and glue. 3 degree helical on 4mm axis.20210607_191527.jpg

Primer pen and liquid glue, not gel. The TAC vanes also have a small foot. Make sure it has seated well with good contact all the way through.

Last edited:

KyleSS

Lil-Rokslider
The issue I had with the TAC vanes is how brittle they are in cold weather. In 2021 I shot them. I was spotting and stalking mule deer in the rut here in Alberta and the temperature was between 0F and 20F. If my vanes brushed against any small trees or sticks, the vanes would break. The base was still stuck to the wrap, so there wasn't sticking issue, but the vane would break off. The second issue I had was on my cougar hunt. It was about 10F and when I shot my cat, as the arrow passed though the cougar, all the vanes broke off. Like before, the base was still glued to the wrap and arrow, but the van was all broke up.

Just my experience.

I have since moved to Flex Fletch and their Silent Knight 3" and their SK2 2" vanes

I never had a major problem getting them to stick but I have broke 2 or 3 when the stop inside a target in single degree weather

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

artripb13

FNG
I tried them out this year and used tac primer and glue. The foot on them is stiff like the rest of the vane and wouldn't get great contact unless there was a decent amount of force on them. Using a bitz style fletching jig I was generally getting subpar adhesion if I didn't have the jig set perfect because the arrow would deflect a little bit when putting a lot of pressure on the vane. Using an ez fletch they stick great. I didn't notice any issues with the cold down to single digit temps but I don't remember hitting them on anything in particular