Tactacam Reveal X Issues

NDGuy

WKR
I need help. Whenever I try to update settings on my cameras the settings do not stay. Namely how often the cameras send pictures. I am trying to have the camera send me pictures 2x a day.

I have one camera out in the field now. Whenever I update the settings and input the 2 times to send pictures it defaults to sending them instantly and the "settings check" setting defaults back to "instant" instead of daily.

I also just checked my other 4 cameras I purchased and these also are having trouble savings settings. I am not having the above issue but I just checked and the time slots I selected to send pics at also have disappeared after I hit save and restart the camera.

Anyone else have this issue and do you have any input?

prm

WKR
I think it takes awhile for the settings to change. I thought I had a similar thing happen once but it eventually changed. Although I just tried it in mine and the settings in the page changed as soon as I hit ‘apply settings’.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Ya I finally got ahold of a real person on their support side. Sounds like my camera out in the field might actually have an issue but mine at home it's a bug with the display but the settings themselves should work. Testing tonight.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Curious how this unfolded for you? Thanks
The one with the main problem was fixed after the firmware update. The others have the issue with the send time settings but they still work and send at those times. They just disappear on the settings screen.

My only other main complaint with these is they send each photo 1 at a time. The Spypoints I have used in the past were MUCH faster at sending pictures and sent in a batch. When you have 200+ pictures to send from a Tactacam it takes well over an hour to send all of the pictures. Also I found the camera does not take pictures while it is transmitting. So make sure to have it send to you during an odd part of the day so you aren't missing primetime photos.