Tactacam Reveal X Lockbox?

BCD

WKR
Does anyone have suggestions for a lockbox for this camera? I know they make one specifically for it but I thought I read somewhere that someone found something they liked better that was about a third of the cost??

Thanks!

Do the lockboxes add enough deterrent to be worth the expense and trouble? That is a question I'm currently pondering. I'm on private land and have had a couple stolen over the last couple years. But I'm thinking the thief would just come back with a bolt cutter or saw and get them anyway. No?

Do the lockboxes add enough deterrent to be worth the expense and trouble? That is a question I'm currently pondering. I'm on private land and have had a couple stolen over the last couple years. But I'm thinking the thief would just come back with a bolt cutter or saw and get them anyway. No?

If someone is trespassing without the intention of stealing cams (no cutters/saws), it prevents the theft of convenience because there isn't a cam there easy for the taking and makes them return with more serious criminal intention. If theft is a serious concern on private you can lag bolt them to tress if the tree is big enough. That is harder to work around for a thief than simply cutting a python lock.