Tag advice.

Hey gang, I got a question regarding tags. Me and my hunting partner are planning our 2021 trip to central Idaho, we hunted there last year with only myself having a mulie tag, struck out but saw some studs and fell in love with the country. Planning on going back this next year my partner prefers elk and originally he was going to purchase an elk tag and myself a mulie, now he is deadset on picking up both tags for this hunt, and has left me torn on weather I should pick up a mulie or elk tag for myself. Any suggestions for a flat lander thats unable to put boots on the ground before hand?

NV HUNTER

WKR
Get both! I go to Montana and always get both even if I am only going for elk. Never know what you are going to glass up, oh and in Nv I always have a lion tag in my pocket.

Wapiti1

WKR
Pick an animal and hunt it. They don't live in the same places depending on the time of year.

Yes, I would buy both tags, but I would target one animal and leave the other as a backup in case you tag out early on the primary. Having appropriate standards will improve success. Any legal elk is a good standard to have. They can be a humbling critter to pursue.

I almost always buy extra tags. Even bear, and if you don't get a wolf tag, I'll figure out where you live and waste my precious supply or TP on your house.

You may come across a toad and it really helps if you have a tag to capitalize on it. That said, deer and elk are different hunts in different places most of the time. Getting good at one or the other takes multiple tries and time to learn that animal.

Jeremy

OP
S
Pick an animal and hunt it. They don't live in the same places depending on the time of year.

Yes, I would buy both tags, but I would target one animal and leave the other as a backup in case you tag out early on the primary. Having appropriate standards will improve success. Any legal elk is a good standard to have. They can be a humbling critter to pursue.

I almost always buy extra tags. Even bear, and if you don't get a wolf tag, I'll figure out where you live and waste my precious supply or TP on your house.

You may come across a toad and it really helps if you have a tag to capitalize on it. That said, deer and elk are different hunts in different places most of the time. Getting good at one or the other takes multiple tries and time to learn that animal.

Jeremy
Great advice and yeah we have agreed to both have a wolf tag just in case. Appreciate the advice and our thoughts are to have as many opportunities between us as possible until we can get some more seasoning out west. That settles it save more money for tags.